Leo's Encounter

Two people emerge from the trees as the lamia is gulping the last young one down. The pair notice that the part of the tail area was rather large, not to mention the slight squirming from the shifting nagas inside.

"What a monster, what kind of being eats their own kind, let alone their offspring." Says John, the reason Leo is in the woods in the first place.

Leo ignores the other's comment, looking for an explanation for the creature's actions. He notices that the lamia seems to be rather gentle while swallowing the smaller Naga. He'd also heard of such scenarios happen before. Leo comes to the conclusion that it is a guardian and their clutch.

The lamia, known as Error, notices the two and curls protectively on themself, careful not to jostle the offspring. They do not move other than to look from Leo to John. Leo takes a step forward and is greeted with loud hissing from Error along with a threatening glare.

Leo decides to try speaking with them. "Do you speak English?". They were silent, making no indication that they understood his words. He switched tactics. "-Do you sign?-" He asks. The lamia shifts a little, seeming a bit uncomfortable. John laughs at his attempts to communicate. Leo is about to contradict him when he sees Error make the slightest nod, making eye contact with Leo while still keeping John in sight. 

The other fumbles with their hands before they sign, "-What do you want?-"Leo quickly responds with, "-My friend and I are exploring the area.-"Error gives them a look before glancing at John's gun. "-It's a safety precaution for any aggressive creatures.-" Error's eyes narrow, their coils curling slightly tighter on themselves. "-Is that your clutch?-" Leo asks. They don't respond.

Leo takes a step forward, Error glaring at him as he steadily comes closer. John follows, moving at the same pace. Leo walks for a moment before stopping a few meters from Error, John beside him. Error's hissing is replaced with growling, eyelights narrowed with warning. John reaches for his pistol.

Neither of them have time to react as a large figure shoots out of the surrounding shrubbery. John aims the gun only for it to fly from his hand from the impact of the creature.

Leo tries to back away but finds himself in Error's grip, firm, yet not tight enough to cause pain. He was looking at the wrestling figures before them, Leo follows their gaze.

There in front of him is an enormous naga, its coils covered in obsidian scales, said coils wrapping rapidly around a struggling John. The torso is made up of a black boned skeleton, the skeleton itself seeming to be covered in a black, tar-like substance. It's right socket covered in the same substance as the rest of the body, while in the left a bright, cyan iris glares at John.

The shifting of coils pauses after John has been completely bound, no amount of struggling on his part seeming to loosen his confines.

The large Naga shifts their glare to Leo, a fierce aggressiveness evident. Error clicks and whistles at the other, soft with reassurance. The glare softened before the larger replies with more clicks.

Leo is still as he tries to understand the situation and find a way out of it when he notices John had loosened one of his arms, a hunting knife in his grip. Error seemed to have noticed as well, his grip on him tightening with realization.

The other Naga notices their expressions and twists to look at John just as he slams the knife downwards. The knife doesn't penetrate the thick scales, merely bouncing off, the force knocking the item out of his grip.