Conversation

They stared at each other for a few minutes then, unsure what to make of the situation they were in. In the end the demon who called himself Akaza turned away first, opting to finish his meal instead of pointless staring, a guarded expression on his face as he bit into the mans flesh. After a few seconds of silence, a small shadow fell across the demon as licked the blood off his hand. Looking up, he was surprised to see the blonde settling himself into a sitting position, with his legs crossed on the floor next to him, so close that some of the blood splattered over the floorboards from the demons meal soaked into his kimono as he sat, making visibly darker stains in the fabric.

"What are you doing idiot human?!" he hissed, unused to having another person so close to him unless they were fighting or being devoured "Move already!". Douma tilted his head to the side, causing his silvery blonde braid to flow over his shoulder as he looked straight into the demons surprised face with a blank expression. "I'm interested, tell me more about demons" he enquired, plopping his hands down in front of his crossed legs and looking up at the striped demon expectantly. 

Akaza flushed slightly and scooted back a bit, still closer than would normally be comfortable for him but better nonetheless. He shot a glare at the boy who was still waiting expectantly for an answer, and when he didn't get a reaction, let out a dramatic groan and facepalmed. "Fine. What do you want to know?" he replied, rolling his honey yellow eyes. "We eat people and can't die unless it's from the sun or a special blade" the answer seemed to satisfy the younger as his blank expression turned to one of slight interest. "So you can't go out in the day?" he asked. "Guess your in trouble then". 

Akaza laughed, and lowered his eyebrows in an amused expression. "Oh really? how so?" he teased. Douma blinked obviously and tilted his head even further, similar to what a puppy that doesn't understand something would do. It was kind of adorable actually. Snapped back out of his thoughts, the demon was glad of the blood covering his face, as he was sure he was blushing pretty hard. What was he thinking having thoughts like that? humans are not hot, or adorable. They are weak and just useful for eating. Nothing else. So yet why did he already feel such a strong connection to this one? it was strange. Confusing. 

"Well" Douma spoke slowly. "It's gonna be sunrise in an hour or two". Akaza froze and cursed inwardly as he noticed the time on the large clock on the wall behind him. He couldn't get anywhere decent in an hour or two, and he couldn't risk being caught in the sun. Seeming to sense the demons agitation, Douma grinned, the usual smile he wore for his followers. "You can sleep in my room and then go at night if you wanna" he offered, leaning forwards on his hands. "I've never had a sleepover before!". 

Akaza flushed again at how close the human was to him, they were practically touching at this point. Damn him. Did he not understand personal space or what? "Your one to be calling me messy" he retorted, reaching out and plucking the long, silvery braid out of the pool of crimson on the floor. "you've got more blood on you than i do"

Douma smiled suddenly, different than the one he wore for most of his life as he took the dripping hair and flipped it back over his shoulder in one fluid motion. "Come then Akaza! we shall go now!" he stated, getting to his feet and attempting to brush the blood off his now-soaking kimono as he did so. 

Reluctantly, the shorter of the two stood up and crossed his arms across his chest. "Fine then, but it's not a sleepover" he complained dryly. "We're not little kids". Seeming to ignore him, the blonde grabbed the demons wrist and headed towards the door, forcing him to follow. "Get the hell off me!" Akaza complained, shaking his wrist in protest. "Why can you not seem to understand personal space?!". He only got a grin in reply as he gave up on the struggle and allowed himself to be pulled along by the enthusiastic human. 

This was going to be a long night.