I'm keeping an eye on you

The silence was deafening as the two upper ranks stood awkwardly in the empty room, neither of them taking their eyes off the other for a second, unsure of what to do next. Akaza was the first to break eye contact, kneeling down and gently sliding his friend off his back onto the wooden floor with a small thumping sound as he landed. Kokushibo watched silently as the lower rank inspected the unconscious males neck, scouring for breaks or serious injury. It was clear he had no idea what he was doing, that much was evident. As a demon, he could regenerate any wound, so the pinkette had simply no idea how to check, or treat injuries.

"What did you mean?" Akaza murmured quietly. "When you said you wanted to examine him?". He was met with another few minutes of silence before the higher rank eventually spoke. "I meant exactly that" he answered in his usual deadpan voice. "He's interesting, so i shall examine him further"

Akaza turned around, raising an eyebrow questioningly. "And how are you planning on doing that?" He asked cynically, to which he received another blank look "what i mean and what i do is none of your concern uppermoon 2" he responded simply, as he started out the door. Before the striped demon could protest further, the door was slammed shut behind the taller demon and the room was silent once again.

———————————

Douma wasn't used to pain. He was never outside of his temple so he was never in proper danger before. Other than that one encounter a few years ago with the street thugs, he had never had a serious injury before in his life. So to wake up in extreme pain like this was completely new to him.

He wasn't sure if he was asleep, awake or somewhere in between, or even if he was moving or not. All he knew was it hurt. Really, really badly. His vision was black, and there was the muffled sound of voices all around him, most of which he didn't recognize except for one of them. He just couldn't seem to match who it belonged to. Just too much pain to concentrate on these things. At one point he felt himself being lifted up gently and carried off somewhere, the movement jarring his neck badly. His neck, that's where the pain waves were coming from.

After a few minutes he noticed his vision began returning, as the noise of two people talking, and then a door closing sharply was heard dimly as the familiar voice from earlier muttered curses under his breath. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light, a blur of pink and white came into focus in a familiar striped face.

"Akaza!" he greeted him cheerfully "hi!". The demon looked surprised for a second, that furrowed his brows in annoyance. "Stop talking dumbass" he ordered. "I don't know how badly damaged your neck is yet". The blonde shrugged from his position on the floor and grinned back at him. 'How was the meeting?".

Akaza ignored him, instead raised his head gently with one of his blue tinted hands. His fingers came away wet with dark blood from where the demon lords long nails had pierced earlier. Thankfully there didn't seem to be a break or fracture in the bone, though it would bruise up pretty badly in the morning and would almost certainly hurt like a bitch for a few days. 

Without thinking, he brought his hand up to his mouth and licked the blood off his fingers subconsciously, slightly surprised by the sweet taste of the blood in comparison to the other men he usually ate. Douma sat up gingerly and cocked an eyebrow in the pinkettes direction. "i feel so safe right now" he stated sarcastically. His mouth breaking into a grin as the demon's face heated up in an embarrassed blush and he removed his fingers from his mouth quickly. 

"Calm down Akaza dono I'm just teasing" he giggled, ignoring the annoyed glare he was being given. "are you hungry or something?". The smaller man rolled his eyes as his face returned to it's normal shade, ignoring the question and wrapping a bandage he found in the corner of the room around the blondes neck to stop the bleeding and to keep it in place for the time being, saying a silent thank you to nakime, who must have teleported it in here for them. Douma winced slightly but said nothing, allowing the older man to wrap his wounds carefully. 

Sliding up the younger mans sleeve, he silently wrapped the deep gashes he had made in the slender wrist and hand earlier during the meeting with a small stab of guilt. He hadn't realized he had been doing so much damage. As if he could read his mind, Douma grinned wider and patted the smaller man on the head a few times, while assuring him that it didn't hurt and it was okay, while the demon swatted at his hand angrily and hissed at him to stop.

...

Outside the door, Kokushibo nodded his head and closed the door quietly, making sure the two hadn't seen him watching. How interesting. Perhaps he would have something useful learned from keeping an eye on these two. It was a most interesting and unusual set of acquaintances. 

...

or maybe even friends?