Daki is a menace

Akaza opened his eyes blearily and yawned, reaching out his hands to push Douma off his chest as usual, before noticing there was no weight there. Blinking the sleep out of his eyes, he froze when he realized he had his arms wrapped around the younger demon and was snuggling into his chest. Scrambling to get into a sitting position and out of the others grasp, he blushed furiously with embarrassment as he remembered how he had cried and clung to the blonde last night over some stupid rank changes. 

God he would never live that down.

his movement caused Douma to stir slightly in his sleep, then he dropped his head and began snoring again, his face blocked by stray strands of silvery hair. He looked a wreck, with his clothes torn and splattered with dried blood, face and arms covered in half healed cuts and bruises, and his usually tidy hair was out of its plait and tangled, falling down past his waist as he slept. 

Despite the mess he was in, Douma looked almost the same as he always had as a human, with only the greyish tint to his skin, along with the sharpened fingernails and fangs giving any sign he was a demon at all. 

Akaza dithered for a few minutes, than dismissed the idea of doing anything about his friends bedraggled appearance, in favor of allowing him to regain some strength by resting. The striped demon dressed quietly and slipped out of the bedroom, wiping the last of the sleep from his eyes as he neared the kitchen where he had stored the meat for breakfast. 

Halting in front of the door for a few minutes before walking in, he avoided the eyes of the other demons in the room, who grew quiet as he entered. Akaza felt their eyes on his back as he grabbed his food and sat down at the table, looking at everything, anything other than the faces of his co-workers, who he was sure were going to be laughing to themselves for decades about his embarrassing failure.

After eating in silence for a few minutes, he saw Daki sliding into the chair beside him from the corner of his eye. "where's Dad?" she questioned loudly, poking at Akaza's arm to try get his attention. "and where's the breakfast cereal?". Her chatter broke the tension in the room as Akaza felt the eyes leaving him as the other demons went back to their previous conversations.

He sighed a silent sigh of relief as he turned to face the young girl, who was resting her face on her hands and looking annoyed that he hadn't responded to her yet. "Douma's asleep in our room" he replied, continuing to eat his breakfast. "Don't go near him till he's awake, he needs to rest" he warned, ignoring the sigh of annoyance as Daki got back into her seat and pulled her knees up to her chest. 

"There's no breakfast cereal, your a demon" he yawned tiredly, pushing half of his meal towards her. "You gotta get used to eating human meat from now on". Daki scrunched her nose in disgust as she poked at the meat on her plate with a pale finger, but after a few more minutes she began to eat grudgingly, surprised at how much she liked the taste.

"Your awfully tall for 13" Akaza commented, holding back a laugh at her annoyed face at the question. "I just grew when i got turned" she grumped, licking the blood off her fingers. "something you probably wish happened to you" she added, grinning. "what are you 5'8?"

Akaza glared at her as she burst into laughter, seeming unaware of the weird looks she was getting from the other uppermoons for her loud behavior, as Akaza facepalmed and tried ignoring her. Why Douma had to bring back such loud children was something he couldn't understand. He would have to warn him not to make this a regular thing. 

"Where's your brother?" he asked her, more trying to get her to quieten down a bit than him actually wanting to know. "He's talking to the man with the red eyes in his office" Daki responded in a bored voice, inspecting her makeup with the back of a spoon. "Something about potential or something i don't really know".

Akaza almost choked on his breakfast as he stood to clean off his plate, turning to face the younger girl. "He could be going for the uppermoon 6 rank" Gyokko stated, regarding Akaza for the first time since the higher rank had entered the room, "It's open now that Douma moved up".

Daki pouted and got down from the table, flipping her long white and green ponytail over her shoulder as she stormed out of the kitchen. "He is not getting a rank without me!" she shouted as she ran down the hallway towards Muzan's office. "I want to be powerful too!"

Kokushibo rolled his six eyes as he stood to close the open door the girl had left wide open in her haste, and put her empty plate into the sink for cleaning. "She needs to learn manners" he said, in his usual monotone voice, as he turned on the tap and started cleaning Daki's plate as well as his own. "I will not be doing this again"

Akaza sighed and ran out of the room after her, hoping to catch the young girl before she got herself killed. "I'm never having children" he thought to himself.