Kokushibo

Akaza was frozen. Unable to move to help the struggling man next to him, as he stared uselessly as his gasps grew shallower as his arms lost power with the need for air as the demon king looked on with a grotesque smile on his face. He could have snapped his neck in a millisecond if he so wished, but the ravenette was enjoying watching the life fade out of him.

Before he could think, he had opened his mouth and yelled at the demon king to let him go. He yelled at Muzan. He had YELLED at his master. Akaza paled even more than before as Muzan turned to face him, loosening his grip slightly on Douma's neck. The loss of air had caused him to pass out, and he lay there limp, barely breathing, his face covered by his long hair as his head drooped over the pale, demonic hand around his neck that had been choking him seconds ago. The sight steeled the pinkettes resolve that he had made the right decision interrupting, despite the consequences that would more than likely follow. In a few more seconds he would have been dead.

Muzan stared at him, his red eyes glowing with fury at the interruption. "Akaza" he hissed, noticeable veins popping out in his forehead as the demon shivered despite himself at that gaze. "What is the meaning of this?!". Akaza met the eyes of his lord, attempting to keep his mind empty and free of fear, so as not to anger the demon lord more than he already had. "I believe he can be useful to us" he insisted, gesturing to the six eyes uppermoon for support. "He's unlike most humans I've met and could be useful in some way, even ask Kokushibo to confirm".

Kokushibo blinked in surprise at being called upon by a lower rank and seemed to be thinking for a second. This was a dangerous play. The uppermoon 1 was the only demon, or human in the universe that Muzan respected enough to listen to properly. So if he agreed, it was almost certain that his friend would live past today. However if he disagreed, than not only would Douma die on the spot, but Akaza would face incredibly painful consequences for speaking out of turn, and wasting meeting time. The tension in the room seemed to thicken, as Akaza, along with the other uppermoons, who he had almost forgotten were in the room, waited for the taller ravenettes decision.

"why?" Akaza thought dimly to himself. "Why was he doing this?. endangering himself in this way for someone he barely knew. Well, not entirely endangering himself. he was fairly sure Muzan wouldn't kill him, but being out of favor with the lord of demons was NOT a good position to be in. especially if you valued having a peaceful life and a weekend free from non stop missions.

..

well he knew why he was doing it. 

Before long, the taller demon raised his head and faced the rest with his usual blank stare. "I agree that he shows promise" he stated blankly, causing a huge wave of relief to wash over the striped demon as the words left his superiors lips. "he was rash and childish" Kokushibo continued, with slight distain. "But i would like to examine him further" he finished.

Muzan looked surprised, but hid it quickly with another cold stare. "Very well, i trust your judgement" he agreed briskly, releasing the unconscious teen carelessly and striding back to his platform to continue the meeting as if nothing had happened, waving his wrist dismissively in the higher ranks direction, indicating that the two were excused from the remainder of the meeting.

Akaza avoided the other uppermoons gazes as he hoisted the blonde onto his back and followed Kokushibo out of the room hurriedly. His mind was whirling 100 thoughts a second and he could finally started breathing again once he was out of range of immediate danger.

How on earth had he managed to pull that off?, and what could Kokushibo possibly think to gain from doing this?