Night before the battle <3

Akaza was nervous. Worried for his own life, and the life of the idiot who will most likely die trying to help him. He had spent his entire life, over a century of living!! all of it. To grow strong. To grow strong and rise up to be one of the strongest beings in existence. And he had succeeded in becoming uppermoon 2. He was strong, he had control over his abilities, and he had experience. He should be the one fighting this blood battle. His abilities were far greater than that of the newly turned uppermoon 6, who didn't even have any feats yet. 

It was his fault they were in this position. He had gotten careless, and let his guard down at the wrong time. That small mistake could cost both of them their lives. If he just fought in Douma's place, he would win with ease this time! forget what the stupid number in his eye read, he was capable of finished this battle for good!..... unfortunately he couldn't. He wasn't the one who accepted the challenge. All he could do was make sure the younger man was ready to fight. And that was going to take a lot more than the few hours they had.

Those next few hours were some of the most stressful hours of his life. Not even an exaggeration. In the midst of attempting to teach the blonde combat moves and how to get used to regenerating, he had to deal with the two kids Douma had for some reason decided to turn into demons and bring back here. The girl in particular was annoying, refusing to leave the room yet making a ton of noise, and for some reason calling Douma dad. The boy wasn't too bad, as he usually just sat in the corner and tried to quieten his sister down. Unfortunately he also refused to leave the room. Just excellent.  He couldn't even do anything to make them go away because there was simply no time to waste on things like that. He would just have to deal with it and try ignore them.

Douma was strong for a newly turned demon, he could give him that. Maybe in a few decades he could be a worthy opponent. But right now he lacked experience. He had only been a demon for about half a day, and had never tried to use his newfound abilities on anything other than killing a few weak humans that even the weakest of demons could kill with ease. He was physically strong and quite agile, but lacked battle strategy. Having never been in combat before he was useless at blocking or attacking. Close range was probably not going to work, even with the help of the shiny pair of golden combat fans he had for some reason selected as a weapon. 

To make matters even worse, Douma had shown no signs of developing a blood demon art whatsoever, no matter what either of them did to try make it appear. He must either still be too young to have formed one, or else he had expanded his blood too much by turning Daki and Gyutaro into demons. In other words, he was screwed. 

With only a few hours left to midnight, Akaza gave up on trying to reveal the demon art and insisted that he needed to sleep to try give his body time to regain all the blood he had lost when he turned Daki and Gyutaro, which the exhausted demon had gladly accepted, and wrapped his arms around the smaller demon on the bed in a hug and closed his tired eyes. Akaza huffed for a few minutes and decided not to bother trying to move him off himself for once. For one, Douma was very difficult to wake up once he has fallen asleep, which he had. He told himself that was the reason he let him cling to him. But in reality he just wanted the familiar comfort of the taller demons warm body against his, and the feeling of security and comfort he received from the hug he was getting from his sleeping  friend. Not that he would ever admit any of this to Douma.

After a few minutes of just lying there, he felt the weight on the bed shift. Raising his head slightly too see what was going on, he spotted the two younger children climbing onto the bed and curling up next to Douma, seeming to avoid getting near Akaza. Daki grabbed the back of her adopted fathers shirt, as Gyutaro hugged his sister around the waist. Before long the two of them were snoring softly, almost matching Douma's own soft breathing. Deciding against trying to move them, the striped demon lay back and pulled the sleeping blonde closer, burying his head in the others long hair.  God he hoped they would all still be alive tomorrow.