Chapter Eight - Yours

*1947*

Two weeks had flown by. Elayne was now sitting in one of the extra bedrooms at the manor, with Olivia standing behind her, fixing her hair. Kimberly was making sure there weren't any wrinkles in Elayne's dress. Abigail was arranging the flowers for Elayne's bouquet. Sarah had disappeared a while ago, saying she would be outside making sure everything looked perfect.

"This is your last chance, Elayne." Olivia said as her fingers worked in Elayne's hair. "This is your last chance to run from Tom."

Elayne shook her head. "I'm not running. I love him."

"We know that, Laynie. It's just that we had hoped you would realize how big of an arsehole he is." Abigail said as she wrapped an ivory-colored ribbon around the stem of the flowers.

"I know he seems that way, but I promise you, with me, he's not." Elayne said, starting to get lost in her own thoughts.

~*~

*1944*

It was the first Hogsmeade weekend of the new school year. Tom had sent Elayne an owl about a week ago, saying that he wasn't going to make the first visit. Elayne had felt overwhelmingly sad that she wouldn't see him.

When sixth year had begun, just weeks ago, Elayne had had a small breakdown. This would be the first time, since her and Tom had gotten together, that they wouldn't be seeing each other every day.

Elayne had felt so stupid for being so clingy, but Tom had promised that he would see her at their first Hogsmeade visit.

But something had apparently come up and Tom had said he wouldn't be able to make it. Something about Borgin needing him for something.

Elayne walked down to Hogsmeade by herself, her friends having all left as soon as breakfast was over. Her friends had all made plans with some of the other sixth years when they first found out that Elayne would be with Tom.

Elayne hadn't told any of them that Tom wasn't coming.

She had debated on just staying up at the castle, but she didn't feel like being up in the stuffy dorm room.

She was currently walking down to the village by herself, growing more and more irritated as the wind kept blowing her curls into her face.

She made her way to the Three Broomsticks, walking in and sitting at a small table towards the front of the pub.

After ordering a butter beer, Elayne looked around and sighed. She had hoped that she would cross paths with her friends, but she didn't see them.

After she had drank all of her butter beer, Elayne decided to wander around Hogsmeade for a bit. She was sure she would find her friends at some point.

When she walked outside, the first thing she noticed was that there were flower petals scattered everywhere.

Eyebrows pinching together, Elayne followed the trail of flower petals, thinking she would maybe find another student.

When she got to the end of the flower petal trail, she looked up to see someone standing not far off, their back towards her.

"Excuse me? Do you know what happened with these flower petals?" Elayne asked, motioning to the trail she had just followed.

When the figure turned around, Elayne gasped, her eyes pooling with tears.

"You said you weren't coming..." She whispered before rushing towards Tom, jumping into his arms.