Chapter Nine - Love Me Or Leave Me

*1947*

The wedding had been perfect. All of Elayne's hard work had paid off when it came to the flowers. As she walked past them, it was almost as if they sparkled. As soon as she had gotten Tom in her sight, her face broke out into the brightest smile. He looked very handsome in his robes. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he watched her walk towards him.

The pair were now currently up in their room. Tom had carried her from the hallway into the room, which had made Elayne laugh.

She smiled at him when he set her down on her feet. "I can't believe we're married."

Tom hummed. "Yes. Now there is just one more thing we need to do."

"What's that?" Elayne asked, slipping off her shoes.

Tom reached for Elayne and grasped her right hand in his. "An unbreakable vow."

Elayne's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to pull her hand away. "Tom, no. If we make an unbreakable vow... If we do that and one of us breaks it... We'll die."

Tom tightened his grip on her hand, a sinister smirk taking over his usually handsome features. "Correction. If YOU break it, YOU die."

"Tom, stop it... You... You're scaring me." Elayne cried, trying desperately to get her arm away from him.

Pulling out his wand, Tom shook his head. "If you're going to fight me, I have ways to make you do as you're told." He flicked his wrist ever so slightly in Elayne's direction, his right hand never letting go of hers.

Elayne gasped as Tom cast the imperius curse on her. She fell into a trance, causing Tom's smirk to grow wider.

"Good girl. Now that we have that taken care of, let's get this unbreakable vow out of the way." Tom flicked his wrist once more causing red flames to shoot out of it and wrap around their right hands.

"You are mine, Elayne. You will obey my every command. You will never go against me. You will look at no one the way you look at me. You will never leave me." Tom leaned in to whisper in her ear, never moving their hands. "You. Are. Mine. Do you understand what these vows mean?"

Tears had pooled in Elayne's blue eyes. Even though she was under the imperius curse, she was still conscious of what was going on.

"Yes." She spoke against her will.

The tears started to roll down her cheeks as Tom smirked back at her.

He finished up with the unbreakable vow, the red-hot flame's receding. He then dispelled the imperius curse, giving Elayne back her free will.

Elayne shuffled away from Tom, a sob erupting from her lips. "How could you!" She screamed. "How could you so easily put me under one of the unforgivables snf then MAKE ME take an unbreakable vow!"

Elayne's hands came up and tangled into her hair, pulling at it. "I can't... You... Why would you do this to me?" She sobbed.

An earth-shattering scream erupted from her. "Everyone tried to tell me! Everyone tried to warn me about you, but I didn't fucking listen. I didn't fucking listen and now..." Another sob. "And now if I break this vow, I'll die."

Tom just stood, watching as she broke down. "Don't break it and you won't have anything to worry about." He said as if it was really that simple.

Elayne stumbled over to the mantle above the fireplace. She grabbed one of the pictures of the two of them and stared at it for a moment before gritting her teeth and throwing it at Tom.