Chapter 5

"Your not hauling rathars on this freighter are you?" Finn asks. "I'm hauling rathars."

"Go down there until I say so. And don't even think about taking the falcon."

"What about BB-8?" Rey asks.

"He's staying with me, until I get rid of the gang then you can have him back and be on your way."

"What about the rathars where are you keeping them?"  Finn asks and a thud by the window answers his question.

"What are you gonna do?" Rey asks.

"Same thing I always do, talk my way out of it."

Chewie growls a "No you don't." And I snicker.

"Yes I do! Every time."

"Debatable." I said.

"Laylani, your coming with me. Because I wanna talk to you about something anyways."

BB-8 stood behind my leg and hid behind it, I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Han solo. You are a dead man." The guy says.

"Bala tik. What's the problem?"

As they talked for a little, Another door opened.

"Just great." I muttered in Mando'a.

Han looked at me weirdly, but brushed it off to talk to the other guy.

"Boys your both gonna get what I promised, have I ever not delivered for you before."

I furrowed my eyebrows because yea he did.

"Yea." One guys spoke

"Twice" the other said

Chewie nodded and then he looked at me and I just shrugged and put my hands up in defense.

As they talked about BB-8 he ran into my leg going as close as he could almost knocking me over.

"Jeez.. clam down." I mutter to him.

"And three fugitives, one being the daughter of a mandalorian." The guy says.

I tense up more, and look at Han and he looks at me.

"First I've heard of it.." he says stepping in-front of his niece protectively.

They went to search the ship, I worried about Rey and Finn and what would happen if they got caught.

The doors opened "I've gotta bad feeling about this." Han says and Laylani nods.

"Kill them! And take the girl and droid."

Han put his hand out, as if stopping them.

But then, a ranthar comes out of nowhere.. well 2 ranthars.

We all run, "Keep up BB-8!" Laylani yelled at the droid.

Chewie covered Laylani and Han as they tried to open the door, Laylani shooting at them as BB-8 hid behind her.

Chewie got shot, Laylani shot the last one before asking Chewie if he's okay.

Han just fired at the door, smart.

When they made it on the ship, laylani helped Finn patch up Chewie
.
She carefully, wrapped it around he growled loudly.

"Sorry." Laylani said, apologizing to the wookie.

"You hurt Chewie your gonna deal with me!" Han yelled.

"Hurt him? He almost killed me 6 times." Finn said.

Chewie put a hand around Finns neck.

"Which is fine." He choked out. I shook my head and laughed.

"Rest you big furball." Laylani mumbled to him.

"So fugitives huh?" Han asked.

"Well, Finns with the resistance, and So is Laylani, I'm just a scavenger." Rey said.

"Let's see what you got." Han said to BB-8. BB-8 turned to me, asking for permission "Go on." I said.

"The droid trusts you huh?" Han said.

"It was my friends.. before..you know what it's not important." She shook her head. Han stared at her for a second, He saw how she glanced over at Finn's jacket and back to the droid.

BB-8 rolled over to show the map.

"It's not complete. It's just a piece." Han said.

"Ever since Luke disappeared people have been looking for him." Han said and he glanced over At Laylani who was now staring at nothing, bones out.

"Why did he leave?"

"He was training a new generation of Jedi."

"Bens gone, Laylani. I'm sorry." Luke said to Laylani.

"He destroyed the temple, turned to the dark side." Luke spoke once again.

"W-why. What made him do it?" She asked.

" The dark side is.. tempting. It warps your mind."

"I just don't understand.. he was perfectly fine before he left, and now he goes to train and he's a whole different person! Are you sure it's not you who made him that way?!" Laylani said, harshly.

"Laylani, there's a lot you don't under-"

"No, I don't wanna hear it." She said and left him there, alone.

"One boy turned against him.."

These words snapped her out of her memories, she got up and left, Rey went over to stop her but Han said "Give her time to herself. She's fine."

She just went in the hallway, she just wanted to be alone in all honesty right now.

She brought her knees to her chest, and started crying, Over everything. She cried because of her mom, because of how selfish she was, how rude she was, Because of Poe, and because she lost Ben.

She felt stupid. Bens dad wasn't crying over him, but she had thought of Ben as a sibling, they had an unbreakable bond before he turned to the dark side.