Chapter 6

"Hey, kid.." Han said to Kaylani in the "halls" as she had called them.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, putting a hand on her shoulder. She got up.

"Yeah. I'm good." She sighed.

"Listen.. im sorry for bringing it up in front of you."

"It doesn't matter Han, honestly. I'm fine." I mutter.

"Well. We are gonna go see Maz." Laylani rolled her eyes and laughed slightly "alright I'll be there in a sec."

Han smiled at her, even if it was slight.

———————————————————————————

She saw green, knowing that they had arrived. 

She stayed back with her uncle because he wanted to talk to her.

"Hey solo, Look I'm not sure what we're walking into he-"

"Did you just call me Solo?"

"Sorry, you should know, I'm a big deal in the resistance. Which puts a real target on my back." Finn says which makes Laylani laugh.

Finn looks at me Her and she shrugs and says "Sorry."

"Listen "big deal." You got another problem. Women always figure out the truth. Take Laylani for example, she figured out mines and my wife's secrets in a few hours. Always."

Laylani smirked.

"Lani. Come here for a minute." Han says and I do.

"Yea?"

"Uh.. look. I don't wanna be the one to tell you this.. but your dad, isn't feeling the best.. he asked me to tell you. I'm sorry, kid. I'm sure he'll be better soon."

She just nodded. She didn't know what to say honestly.

She headed down, saw Han and Rey talking.

"And whatever you do don't stare." Han said as we walked in.

"At what?" Finn and Rey questioned.

"Any of it." Her and Han said. Rey and Finn share a look to each other before entering the door.

"HAN SOLO!" Her voice rings through, it went quiet and than returned to normal "hey Maz."

She walked towards us "where's my boyfriend?"

"Chewies working on the falcon."

"I like that Wookie. Kaylani! How are you my dear?"

"I'm fine Maz. How about you?"

"Fine I suppose."

"I assume you need something desperately. Let's get to it." Maz says and Leads the way.

God this was gonna be one long trip.