Chapter 9

Everyone panicked, red beams were everywhere. Booms could be heard everywhere. "U-uncle Han!" Laylani said, grabbing his hand and leading him outside.

"It was the republic! The first order they've done it.. where's Rey?" Finn comes up and says.

"She left." Laylani muttered looking up at the sky still, she was worried. Everyone was.

"What do you mean she left?!" Finn asked clearly mad.

"She ran into the forest. It's not important. We have bigger things to worry about." Laylani said, still looking at the sky.

Maz led Finn, Laylani, and Han downstairs, she opened a box. "That's Luke's." Laylani points out.

"Yes. It was. Take it. Find your friend." She handed it to Laylani, her face scrunched up in disgust and gave It back to Maz "I can't. I don't want too." She muttered.

"Very well." Maz sighed and handed it to Finn instead, he took it.

Laylanis POV:

As maz gave me the lightsaber I couldn't. I physically and mentally couldn't.

After what happened to the temple, and what Ben did. As soon as I saw it, visions came back. I maybe wasn't force sensitive, but i was still extremely strong.

Ben had showed me what happened to the temple when I refused to join him.  Flashbacks came back as soon as I touched it. I couldn't take it. Nor did I want to.

It was traumatizing to see it. Even if I wasn't there in person. Seeing someone like Ben become so.. so cruel.

Ben was basically my sibling, we were always together, wether it was physically or not.

We loved each other very much. Ben doing that... broke my heart. I couldn't bear looking at the lightsaber.

3rd person POV:

Rey started running away,  BB-8 following after her. She was scared for her life.

Ships started to fire at Maz's castle, chaos and panic all over the once green planet.

A huge ship flew in,  which everyone knew was Kylo's. Stormtroopers were all over the planet. Laylani shoots as much as she possibly can.

Laylani followed her uncle and Chewie, being careful to not do anything stupid or get killed. "Cmon Chewie and Lani!" He yelled running.

"Rey and BB-8! They need you! Now! Go!" Maz told Finn, who looked lost and very worried. "I need a weapon!" He yelled. "You have one!" She said grabbing his hand that had the lightsaber and and shoving it towards him. He ignites it.

Laylani, Chewie and Han were all hiding behind a wall. Han shoots one with a weapon Chewie stole.

Just as Finn was getting his ass beat by a stormtrooper, Han, Chewie and  Laylani all ran towards him, helping him. Han shot the stormtrooper off of him.

"You okay big deal?" Han asks referring to what Finn called himself earlier.  "Thanks." He said. Then all of a sudden they heard a modulated voice.

"Don't move." A stormtrooper said pointing a gun at Laylani, then a few others followed and surrounded them.

They took the weapons, 2 of them were more focused on Laylani however, because Ren said that he needed her before any of the others.

Soon a few ships came in, and the stormtroopers went away.

"It's the resistance."