Chapter 8

Finn tried giving Hans blaster back "Keep it, kid." He says.

Rey looks at Finn, to Han, To BB-8 and then to Laylani. She just groaned and continued muttering curses under her breath about how she hated her job in a language no one around her, Except for maybe Maz, would understand.

Mad just looked at Laylani and chuckled. "Who's the girl?" Maz asked when Finn and Rey left. "Scavenger, She was on Jakku. Me and Finn were looking for our friend, she found us and blah blah blah." Laylani said not caring enough to explain the rest.

"Your so similar to your mother." Maz said, laughing quietly, Laylani just shrugged and sighed, putting her head in her hands.

Finn and Rey were talking about something.  Laylani looked carefully, trying to read their lips. Being a bounty hunter made her learn, a whole lot of languages, as well as mastering lip reading.

"What are they talking about?" Han asked his niece. "From what I could see, Finn told Rey that he's a stromtrooper, finally. "  she said.

Finn left Rey, she looked upset. Laylani had glanced at Rey, she saw her walking towards somewhere, and down the stairs.

BB-8 followed her which made her even more suspicious.

Maz gave Laylani a knowing look, and she just sighed.

Laylani didn't have much to say, honestly. The whole  crying situation between her and Han, made everything awkward.

——————————————————————————

Rey opens a box, it was a lightsaber hilt, of course she didn't know that yet.

Rey was in something that looked to be a nightmare. She heard voices, and saw people. Including Kylo Ren.

"These are your first steps." A voice said.

Maz looked at the girl and walked towards her, "what was that?" Rey asked, scared.

"I shouldn't have gone in there."

"That lightsaber was Luke's, And his fathers before him, and now it calls to you." Maz says.

"I have to get back to Jakku."  Rey said, practically panting, she was scared, and out of breath from the "nightmare" as she thought of it.

"Laylani told me." Maz stretched out her hand to Rey, Rey took it. "Dear child, I see your eyes. You already know the truth.  Whomever your waiting for on Jakku...they're never coming back." Maz said.

"But.. there's someone who still could. Luke." She said Luke's name softly, almost as a whisper.

"The belonging you seek is not behind you... it is ahead. I am no Jedi but I know the force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing. Close your eyes.. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you. The saber, take it." Maz says.

Rey gets up quickly "I'm never touching that thing again. I don't want any part of this." Rey says, and begins to walk away.

She ran out, "Rey!" Laylani yells to her, but she just keeps running. Laylani sighs in defeat, she was to far away.

Laylani headed back inside and shook her head at her uncle.