#1

Check out my new work Tale of the Two-headed Snake.

You threw the alarm from the nightstand and opened your eyes in annoyance.

"Aish! This alarm really gets on my nerves. I told you to ring once and stop right? Then why do you ring continuously, hm?" You scolded the poor non living being while picking it up.

"Gosh! It's 9.30 already? Aishh! Mr. Alarm, you're of no use! I told you to wake me up at 7! I hate you. Now I'm late!" You said while pouting.

"C'mon Y/n, what are you waiting for? Let's go! You shan't get late further." Mumbling that, you ran to take a shower.

You came down and had breakfast with your parents and drove off to your workplace. You were stuck in the traffic due to sudden downpour.

You work for an old age home. It's basically an NGO. You volunteer there. You love to spend time with aged people so you chose this profession. You used to spend quality time with your grandparents, and after their demise you felt void. One day you visited this old age home- "Young & Fun Old Age Home". You felt the same euphoria, you used to feel with your grandparents and the very next moment, you decided to work here. So, you volunteer here under 'The Nightingale Firm'. It's an internationally famous firm from States.

You came out of your thoughts when you heard the car behind you honking, indicating you to drive as the traffic is now cleared.

In no time, you reached your favorite place. You parked the car and tossed the keys in the pocket of your loose pants.

"Good Morning Mrs. Jeong." You chimed at the receptionist.

"Oh god Y/n, where were you?" She asked worried.

"Actually it's raining, and I got stuck in the traffic." You replied laughing a bit.

"Ok, please go to your beloved old but young friends. They've been asking me about you since half an hour." She chuckled a bit.

"Ok Ok. I'll go. See you in the break." You also said giggling.

"Hello Granny and Grandpa!" You said while waving your hands at the couple, entering the room.

"Oh Y/n, you came." Grandpa said while walking to you but suddenly stopped on his tracks and fainted.

"Grandpa!" You cried and ran to him.

"Don't worry granny. He'll be fine. I guess he's still weak." You said in hurry.

You ran to the cabinet in his room, took the medications and quickly fed him keeping his head on your lap.

Then you called your friend Dong Yeon and with the his help, you laid him on the bed.

Few minutes later, he opened his eyes and you sighed in relief.

"Grandpa, I'll never talk to you again of you continue to act so reckless with your health. Take this as a warning. I'm sending some porridge." You said, no you commanded him and he couldn't resist your order.

TIME SKIP

It's already late afternoon. You were working with Mrs. Jeong and Mrs. Lee on some paperwork. Soon your phone rang.

"Hello?" You asked without even looking at who called you.

"Y/n, it's mom." She yelled and you pushed your phone away from your ear.

"What's it?" You asked again.

"Why are you always indulged in work? Take breaks and eat well." She said.

"Okay mom. Is that it? Did you call just for this? Wow. That's so unusual!" You replied.

"Wait, listen first! Come home by 6. We've to go somewhere." She said.

"Where?" You asked holding the pen in between your plumpy lips.

"Hotel Monday Blues." She said.

"Huh? Why? A fancy hotel?" You asked wondering.

"We've a meet up with someone." She said.

"With whom?" You asked.

"You'll know. Just do as I said. Come by 6." She said.

"Hmm." You replied and hung up.

TIME SKIP

You reached home and now you're changing for the meet up. You wore a simple and sober short dress. Then, you left with your parents for the hotel.

You entered in the hotel and your dad went to the reception asking for the reserved table. You walked through the beautiful hallways to the dining area. You saw some people there.

"Come Y/n, that's our table." Your dad said pointing to a table where some people were already seated.

"O-Okay Dad." You replied and walked nervously to them. Everytime you're asked to meet some people, you feel so anxious. What to do? You're such an ambivert.

"Oh hello Deok Hwa." The middle aged man chimed and hugged your dad.

"Hello Mrs. Song and Y/n." He further added.

"Hello Uncle." You flashed a smile.

"Come, have a seat." The pretty and not so young lady asked patting the seat beside her.

"Meet these notorious kids. My younger son Joo Hyuk and my elder son Taehyung." She smiled.

"Hi Noona." Younger one said squealing in excitement.

"H-Hi." You replied in a small voice.

"Hi Taehyung." You greeted in order to not sound so rude.

"Hi." He replied shortly.

Then you all proceeded with the dinner. Joo Hyuk is so funny and cute and whereas Taehyung is so straightforward. Their parents are just so sweet.

"Ok then, let's discuss the purpose of this meet up." Your father said coughing a bit.

"Taehyung, you're going to marry Y/n." His father said calmly.

"WHAT?!" Both of you yelled in utter shock.

"Omg. Y/n Noona will live with us." Joo Hyuk said while jumping from his chair.

"N-No way mom. I'm not going to marry him." You protested.

"So do I Mom!" He too told his mother.

"Kids, no buts. Give it a chance. We took your details to a matchmaker and he said you both are compatible. So the marriage is going to take place no matter what." His mom replied folding her arms on her chest.

"Mom, are you serious? How can you do this to me just because a matchmaker said something. Aghh!" He said rubbing his temples.

"Taehyung. Take Y/n with you and have a talk with her in the lawn area of the hotel. No matter what, marriage will take place. Just learn to get along." His father said, more like glaring at him.

"Same for you Y/n." Your dad said.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Check out my new work Tale of the Two-headed Snake.
My instagram: @kimtaexbstf