꧁Chapter Sixteen꧂

The next morning as I tried to get out of bed I was immediately pulled back down. Out of pure shock I let out a yelp causing Peter to wake up as he does he quickly let's go of my waist and turns around pretending as if nothing happened.
Even if I wanted to ask why he had his arm around my waist I knew it would cause our friendship to become awkward and I didn't want that to happen because he was the only person I had left. After the awkward encounter I got out of bed and grabbed a change of clothes before heading to the bathroom to shower. As the warm water ran down my body it finally settled in that I no longer had anyone in this world all I had was my childhood best friend, along with the shitty powers that caused this whole incident. As I got out of the shower I could hear voices coming from the living room. Out of fear that my family had come back I hurriedly threw on my clothes before quietly making my way down the hall. As I peak my head out from the corner I was fully expecting to see my parents walking in with their luggage but of course it was just Peter sitting on the couch watching our favorite show.

" Hey what you doing ? " I ask him as I make way out from the hallway. At the sound of my voice he picks up the control and turns off the TV as quickly as he could
" Nothing N-Nothing. " Seeing him so worried from being caught watching our show without me causes me to let out a good laugh before sitting down next to him. He turns the T.V back on and starts playing (F/S).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We stayed at my apartment for about a week or so due to the fact that my family hadn't come back from the beach house. During this time we went apartment seeking and after finding an affordable two bedroom apartment we started moving everything from my room out into our new home. Once we had settled in to our new lives we started fixing everything trying to get our lives as close to normal as possible this included both of us getting our GED's so that we'd be able to apply into MIT. We also got jobs so we'd be able to pay our rent and basic necessities.
" Hey Y/N hurry up we're going to be late " Peter yells back at me as I'm still pulling my hoodie over my head.
" Coming "I yell back as I pull the apron out of my bag and stuff the hoodie in. By the time we arrive my shift has already started so I just let out a frustrated sigh knowing that this will be discounted off of my paycheck.
" Morning MJ " I greet her after placing my bag into my locker and tying my hair up.
" Your late again Y/N "
" I know it's just that " before I can finish my explanation into why I was late Mj starts her usual teasing.
" Was it cause you were cuddled up with your boyfriend over there " As she finishes her sentence she points over to Peter,who is sitting next Ned.
" For the million time Mj we don't like each other like that " I explain.
She lets out a small chuckle as she shakes her head " Whatever you say. "
After our normal morning banter we start preparing the donuts and coffee for the long day ahead. At the end of the day I pull my apron off, stuffing it into the locker before pulling my bag out. After closing shop I make my way down the street thinking about all the good times we had in that place. As memories flash by in my mind I can't help but smile yet I know that I'll never experience those memories ever again. As I approach our apartments I hear a commotion coming from across the street. I turn my head to see a group of men crowded around someone. I quickly pull my hood over my head and make my way across the road. As I near the group I notice that the person in the center is a young woman who is probably in her early 20's.
" Are you alright miss ? "as soon as the first word comes out of my mouth the group of men turn towards me.
" She's fine, now off you go. " One of the men responds as two others start pushing me out of the alley. I quickly turn around to face the guys pushing me
"I  wasn't talking to you, I was talking to her. " It's obvious that the longer I talk the more irritated the men become.
" I need a little help " the young woman finally speaks up.
So I start pushing past the men ready to get out of the uncomfortable situation.  As I'm helping the woman up from the ground one of the men pulls out a knife but before he can do anything I disarm him throwing the knife on the ground. Before the rest of them try to attack I want to make sure the woman is fine and safe.
" I'm going grab onto you is that alright ? " I ask wanting to have her consent. As soon as she nods I wrap my left arm around her then I stick my right arm up shooting a web onto the building. As I reach the top I set down the woman and my bag. Then I head back down to deal with the men. After a bit of rough housing with the gang I tie them up before returning to the woman.
"I'm going to take you home,ok ? " After getting her address I pick her up once more this time with her on my back so that I can use both hands to swing. When I drop her off at her front door she thanks me and gives a small peck on my cheek. As I swing through the city making my way back home I think about the other two Peters and the kiss that I gave them before they left and as I do I wonder if they felt the same way about me as I feel about my Peter.