꧁Chapter Twenty~Five꧂

As we lay down on the bed he places his head on my chest while I wrap my arms around him. While I run my hands through his hair he starts recounting his favorite memories of his late uncle, He seems really fond of each of the memories but as he speaks I can hear all of the hurt and sorrow in his voice.
I stayed with him until he had fallen asleep, I gently take his head off my chest before placing it down on the mattress. After getting up off of the bed I grab one of the blankets he has laying on the floor and place it onto his sleeping body. Once making sure he's nice and cozy, I place a kiss on his forehead before I start to fade away. While fading away I notice that it's taking much longer than before. That is when I realized that instead of returning to the comfort of the bubble I had been sent back to the sanctum.
As I look around I see that I'm standing in the small office where I had been snooping around. Seeing that the door is open I make my way towards it wanting to find Steven but before I can set foot out the door, it shuts. When I turn around I'm faced with a peeved-looking Steven.
Found Him.
" What did you hear ? " he says as he pushes me further away from the door to the hallway.
" What do you mean ? " I ask slightly furrowing my brows.
" Y/N, I know you were-- " but before he can finish his accusation, we hear a knock coming from the door. With a simple flick of his hand the door opens. On the other side is the kid I had met earlier, Miles.
" What can I do for you ? " Steven asks the kid trying to sound cordial but his frustration is clearly seeping through.
" If you'd like, I can come back later. You seem kind of busy right now. " Miles says as he starts turning away from the door.
" No, it's alright, Y/N can wait. " Steven takes one last glance at me before following after Miles. Seeing that he left the door open I decide that it would be a good time to go check on my Peter. But of course, Steven had other plans for me. As I step out of the room I feel the ground start to open. I look down and of course, a portal had started to open, but before I can protest or at least throw a backhanded comment at him, I start to fall.
When I finally make it to where ever he sent me, I look around to see that I'm sitting at a dinner table with a blonde boy on my right and a confused Peter sitting in front of me.
" Simon, help Y/N's friend " When the blonde woman says that the little boy sitting next to Peter snickers before standing up from his seat.
" First time ? " the blonde boy, Simon, asks Peter while cutting the fish. Peter only nods his head.
" George, why don't you tell us about your day?" the blonde woman asks but before 'George' can start talking about how his day had gone, the brunette boy interrupts adding to his mother's question.
" Did you catch the spider guy ? " he asks as he perks up in his chair.
" No, we haven't but we will, the guy's an armature." George answers before putting a forkful of fish into his mouth.
" He may be clumsy but he's still assaulting civilians in the dead of night which still makes him dangerous. "
" He's assaulting people ? "
Out of the corner of my eye, I can see  a smirk spread across the older blonde boy's face as he takes a quick glance at Peter and his father. George and Peter go back and forth for a bit each with their own snarky remarks about Spider-Man until George takes one of  his statements to heart causing him to start lecturing Peter. The longer the lecture goes on the more uncomfortable the room becomes.
" Let's go get some air, Peter, " I say as I push my chair back.
As we make our way out to the rooftop I can hear that George is now arguing with his wife about how I need to be making better friends like that sweet blonde kid, Flash. But when we step out of the apartment and into the hallway their argument turns into small whispers and murmurs.

" How you holding up ? " I ask Peter as we finally make it out onto the rooftop.
" Oh, you know...So-So " he says leaning against the railing of the building, I do the same.
While I lean against the railing I turn to look at him and just like the last time we were together he was beaten and bruised.
" What happened to your face, was it Flash ? " a slight smirk spreads across my face. But instead of answering my question or at least bringing attention to my snide remark, he changes the subject.
" I have something to ask you, "
" Oh, Okay. "
" So, when we finish reliving all of our memories, will we just never see each other again ? " I take a few seconds to think over his question before nodding my head in response.
" Yeah, I believe that's how it's going to work." He nods his head in response before turning back to look at the view.
" Hey Y/N," I quickly whip my head around to face him, but just like before he just stops.
" What is it ? " I question as I make my way closer to him.
" About what I said earlier I- "
" Pete I really don't want to talk about it. "
" No, no, no, no, no, Alright forget about that, let's talk about me, us." he quickly shakes his head as a tone of panic seeps into his words.
" What about us ? " I say slightly tilting my head.
" I wish I could just-- " he motions his hands before continuing " I can't, it's hard to say, to explain. "
" Just say it, " I say giving him a soft reassuring smile.
Yet he turns around to look down on the ground, as we stand there in the awkward silence Peter turns to look at me as if he's ready to tell me what's on his mind but instead he just shakes his head before meeting my gaze.
" Forget about it I'm going back inside, " I say as I start making my way towards the hallway door.
As I'm making my way towards the door I feel something latch onto my hip and the next thing I know I'm spinning right into Peter's arms. I grasp onto his shoulders to make sure I don't tumble over. It takes him a bit but he lifts his right arm off my waist and onto my face before pulling me into a kiss. Halfway into the kiss, we stop to take some air and I decide to continue teasing him.
" Your spider man, " I state in a dramatically shocked tone.
" Shut up, " he replies before pulling me back into the kiss but before I can pull him any closer to me, we hear a voice coming from the door.
" Y/N come inside. " as we turn towards the door we see the blonde woman from earlier.
" Coming " and just like that, I give Peter a small wave before making my way back inside.

( Sorry for taking so long to update it's just I got a part-time job and school has started. )