4

cw: language, mention and evidence of stalking, playful mention of pedophilia, toxic relationship, name calling, public humiliation, abusive behavior, body shaming, sadism

To-The-Rescue—

In the passing of two weeks, Dei Lin had only gotten closer to the boys.

Despite being sixteen, she'd claimed her spot as the 'mom' of the group, who the boys entrusted their vulnerable moments and even some simple secrets to.

And although she was younger, she'd skipped a grade and was a senior, too, and was even taking AP classes, so she also helped them with their school work when they needed it.

The boys quickly grew to love her and protected her from everything. They practically worshipped her, which she didn't mind in the slightest.

"Good morning, boys," Strawberry smiled, joining them at their lockers before first period. Dee took her backpack as Baby wrapped her in a hug and kissed her head.

She faced the others, Baby's arms still around her neck as they all returned her greeting before continuing their conversation.

"So you gone choose Nicki over Meg?" Leo asked.

"Yes, nigga. I ain't got shit against Meg, but Nicki go'n forever be my queen of rap. I don't care," Baby replied.

"Ain't nobody talking 'bout rapping," Leo scoffed.

"Wait, we not?" Dee countered.

"No!"

Kush furrowed his brows as he finally opened his locker. "Then what the hell we talking 'bout?"

To his surprise, a note fell out. He was no longer engaged in the conversation—which was apparently about sex—as he picked up and unfolded the paper.

The command was simple: 'Come to the auditorium.'

There was no indication of who it was from, but based on the penmanship and heart at the end of the sentence, he assumed it was from a girl.

"Kush, what's that?" Strawberry asked.

"A note... Somebody wanna meet in the auditorium."

The boys were intrigued by the unusual way of reaching out.

"Did she sign it?" Dee asked.

He shook his head. "Y'all think I should go?"

"She might be fine," Leo reasoned.

"Or a guy," Dei Lin countered. They all stared at her silently, and she raised her hands in innocence. "What? I'm just saying it's possible."

Kush sighed, "Now I don't wanna go. Baby, tell me something. You the best at rationalizing."

London shrugged. "Personally, I'd do it. People don't really put notes in lockers no more, so she definitely different. Did you smell it?"

"The note?" Kush questioned.

"Yes, nigga. If she sent a note without signing it, she prob'ly sprayed her perfume on it."

Kush sniffed the paper, instantly getting a whiff of what he perceived to be a cinnamon roll. He let his friends smell it next, and everyone except Dei Lin agreed on his description.

"Whoever this person is, they're either spoiled or rich. That's Egoiste by Chanel. Personally, I hate it 'cause it's what my overbearing mother wears. But either way, I hope you're prepared for that kind of headache," she shrugged.

Kush groaned, "First period start in ten minutes. Am I going or not?"

They took a vote and unanimously agreed that he should go and tell them about it later.