23

cw: language, field surgery, blood, graphic imagery

By Your Side-

"Leo hold his shoulders down, he'll pro'ly wake up when he feel me cutting him," Snoh instructed, tapping the watch to check his heart rate.

She cut his shirt open, then picked up her scalpel, slowly carving into Kush's side. He winced and instantly woke up.

"Stay calm," Snoh demanded.

"I'm trying," he huffed.

She pulled out a drain and laid it on the towel in front of herself, "I'm finna take the cotton out and clear the excess blood."

"Please, hurry up," he begged, draping his arm over his eyes to hide his tears from his sister.

She grabbed two retractors, putting them on either side of the wound and pulling them away from each other to hold it open.

Kush only bared his teeth at the pain.

His inner flesh was red, lumpy, squishy, and slick with blood. It made Dee a little nauseous, while Leo was finding a new love for science. 

She had them hold the retractors in place, "Do not move. I don't give a damn what's going on, hold it until I don't need you no more."

They nodded, each taking a tool from her and being extremely careful not to move even a millimeter.

She took the cotton out and red immediately started to trickle again. She put a drain in its place, and once the blood had cleared, it was easy to find the bullet still stuck inside him.

"I gotta make another incision," she informed, cutting into his flesh again. Blood flooded the area while Kush tried not to jerk his body at the feeling.

He hummed in pain, his fist beating the floor beside him. "I'm finna take the bullet out, it's go'n hurt bad, so try to prepare yourself," she warned.

He nodded and steadied his breathing.

"Dee, give him the blunt."

The moment it was in his hand, he lit it and took a long drag in attempts of calming himself. And it was working until she dug her fingers inside him.

"Ah! Fuck!" he cried out, the pain instantly blowing his high.

She dropped the bloody bullet on her surgical pan, quickly draining the area before grabbing her needle.

"Hol' on, bruh. 'Fore I be done punched yo ass," he chuckled, though he was dead serious.

"Hurry up. You still bleeding out."

"One mo' hit," he bargained, already taking another drag.

"Kush," she scolded.

He exhaled, "Aight, come on."

He tensed slightly as she stitched the inside. She quickly sewed his skin together to close the wound, leaving the drain where it was as she checked his heart rate again. It was slightly accelerated now, which meant more and more blood was being pumped through his body.

"Alright, baby. I'ma leave the drain in for a a while so you don't bleed internally and once we get you back to your bed, you'll get an IV so we can put some more blood in you. You lost a lot."

He nodded, taking another hit, and spoke as he exhaled, "Just let me finish my blunt first."

She shook her head with a small chuckle as she changed gloves to clean the area, "I promise I'm not taking a blunt from you. You'd prolly act just like Trell about it and I don't have the time nor patience to deal with it."