Part 2 - Ruined Plans

"Uh-oh. This was a bad idea. This was definitely a very very bad idea."

That's what your average Mondstadt citizen would say in a situation like this. But not you. That's because you weren't an average citizen. Even in front of 5 human-like brutes, you didn't even blink in fear.

You looked at the young girl, temporarily stunned along with the hilichurls.

"What the- what is she still doing here??", you thought. "Go! Run! I'm distracting them, so run away!!", you silently pleaded the girl, in your head. You tilted your head towards the other direction, hoping the girl would understand your signal. But she stood, frozen in fear.

You raised the bat above your head and swung it down as hard as you could onto the ground.

THUD

That seemed to do it. The girl jumped, realizing the situation. She turned and fled in the opposite direction. "Well, that's one problem taken care of...", you said, studying the hilichurls charging towards you. You smirked, willing the hilichurls to give it their best shot. You gripped the handle of your bat as hard as you could and started running towards the brutes.

"GO! TO! HELL!", you yelled, each word being followed by a 'THUNK' as your bat hit the hilichurls.

'Hmm..This'll be easier than I expected,' you thought, smiling.  You were almost done beating the hell out of the third hilichurl when you felt someone behind you.

You gritted your teeth as you felt yourself get pushed onto the ground. You grimaced, feeling a rock shove its way into your back as you landed flat on the bumpy ground. You grunted, barely being able to take the weight of the person....or thing....that pushed you down.

'What the hell..??', you thought, pushing yourself up off the ground. Leaning back on your elbows, you squinted up, trying to get a glimpse of the attacker. 'Did I miss a hilichurl...?', you thought, still trying to figure out what happened. Then you saw it.

A dark figure followed by a flash of red. You felt your mouth slightly fall open as you gazed at the figure beating up a hilichurl. 

You cursed the moonlight for not being bright enough as you strained your eyes, trying to get a glimpse of the person

You cursed the moonlight for not being bright enough as you strained your eyes, trying to get a glimpse of the person. 'No way....could it be....', you thought to yourself, your eyes glued to the figure as they elegantly swung their sword through the brute. One hit from the figure's majestic burning sword was all it took for the hilichurl to fall and crumble into dust.

You stared, stunned, at the tall figure as it turned towards you. You blinked, trying to process what the hell was going on as the person crouched beside you. There wasn't much moonlight that fell on their face, but it was enough to highlight their fair skin and thick, gorgeous locks of red hair that framed their face.

"Are you alright?", asked a stern but worried voice

"Are you alright?", asked a stern but worried voice. Still recovering from the shock of what happened, the only thing you could do was stare into their red eyes, which seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. There was no mistaking it.

It was Diluc. THE Diluc Ragnvindr. The rumored Darknight Hero. The man you had daydreamed about meeting in the moonlit fields on Mondstadt. Here he was, crouching right in front of you. You blinked a few times but kept staring up at him. "Are you hurt?", came the firm, but gentle voice again.

But despite the numerous hours you spent rehearsing what to tell the man when you ran into him, the only thing that came out of your mouth was:

"D-Diluc...?"

For a few seconds, you could've sworn you saw his firm expression turn into one of surprise. But it was only for a few seconds. As he stared down at you, his hair falling down around his face, you wanted to stay in this moment forever.

But of course, what you wanted was too good to be true. Your eyes widened as you saw a large shadow rise up behind him. Crap! You missed a hilichurl.

You watched, as the ugly brute raised its bat. Before it could bring the bat down on the back of Diluc's head, you shoved him out of the way and lunged to the other side. You grabbed your trusty iron bat and swung as hard as you could towards the monster. It stumbled back.

It stood, temporarily frozen in confusion. Taking advantage of the opportunity, you whacked the hilichurl square on the back of its head. You spun and brought the bat down on its poor head once more, then stood back and watched as it fell onto its chest and crumbled into black dust.

Wiping the sweat off your brow, you turned around to ask Diluc if he was okay. But.....where was he??

'Where the hell did he go??', you thought, as you frantically scanned the area around you. You were only occupied for a few seconds. You cursed, kicking the dirt as you remembered that a few seconds was all he needed to disappear into the night. 'Dammit...', you muttered, staring at the hilichurl remains.

'Argh, dang it!!!', you yelled, into the chilly Mondstadt night. You pulled at your hair in frustration. Weeks of planning. Nights of wandering around the cold, dangerous Mondstadt fields at night. All just for one moment. To meet the Darknight Hero.

But it was ruined! It was all ruined!!! All because of.....One. Fricking. Hilichurl. Your plan was to be a damsel in distress. Caught up in an unexpected hilichurl ambush. The Darknight Hero was then supposed to come to your aid after hearing your cries in distress. You would whisper a shy thank you, and he would comfort you after. You would stare into his beautiful eyes and there would be butterflies in your stomach.

Or at least that's how it was SUPPOSED to go. You swore, throwing your bat onto the ground as hard as you could. This damn hilichurl ruined it all. Frustrated, you ran your hands through your now very disheveled hair. When were you going to get a chance as precious as this ever again?? Grumbling about how one dumb hilichurl ruined all your hopes, you picked up your bat and slowly started trudging home.

But little did you know that Windrise's great statue of the seven wasn't the only thing watching you as you went home. Leaning on the statue, the Darknight hero observed you as you made your way back to Mondstadt. "She's here again...", he mumbled to himself, keeping his eyes on you. Your mission had somehow succeeded. But you just didn't know it. You had successfully piqued the Darknight's interest.