Part 3 - The Darknight Hero

You sighed, placing your head in your hands as you sat at a wooden table in front of Good Hunter. Sara was the best chef you knew for miles around. Every time you came here and tasted her food, all of your troubles melted away along with the butter on Mondstadt's famous hashbrowns.

Then why exactly did you look so dead in a place that brought you life? It was all because of last night. The only thing that kept replaying in your mind were the few precious seconds you had with Diluc. You could have had minutes - maybe even hours - if it weren't for that hilichurl. You clenched your fists.

This wouldn't do. Your plan was flimsy anyway, there was no point blaming a monster. You beat the hell out of the poor thing last night anyway. It was time to take things into your own hands. You jumped up, scaring a poor wandering cat away. With a determined expression, you started making your way towards Angel's Share. You were so focused that you didn't even notice Sara waving you goodbye

A few minutes later, you stood in front of the dark, wooden door. 'Well, there's no point in delaying this', you thought. You took a deep breath and pushed open the door. As soon as you entered, you were welcomed with the calming chit-chat of the people who stopped by for a drink. The tavern was dimly lit and it was strangely comforting. Nothing had changed since the last time you were here.

	You looked around, hoping to find the man you came looking for

You looked around, hoping to find the man you came looking for. Amongst the townsfolk, a familiar red-head stood out. He stood behind the wooden bar counter, pouring a drink. There he was.

	You slowly made your way over the counter, avoiding the tipsy customers as they attempted to leave

You slowly made your way over the counter, avoiding the tipsy customers as they attempted to leave. You pulled out a chair and sat in front of him. Placing your head in your hands, you gazed at the seemingly grumpy bartender. He glanced up from the mug he was polishing, and you swore you saw it.

Just for a moment, his eyes widened and his mouth slightly fell open. He quickly switched back to his normal, stern expression and continued to polish the mug. This whole change only took a fraction of a second. But a fraction of a second was all you needed. You knew he recognized you from yesterday.

You pretended to examine the bar as if you'd never been here before. As if you hadn't spent countless evenings admiring him from one of the old wooden tables in the bar. "Nice weather outside, right?", you said, hoping he heard you over the constant chatter of other customers.