Part 6 - Wounded

"Screw it," you muttered to yourself, charging towards the hoarders.

.

.

.

Bad idea. Very very very bad idea. Only a few minutes into the battle, and you were already in terrible condition. You had several cuts, and the dagger only helped you fight to a certain point. You were losing strength. Fast.

Grunting as a treasure hoarder kicked you right in the stomach, you held up your dagger only for it to be kicked aside by another hoarder. You stumbled, trying to regain your balance. 'I need to get out of here..', you thought, turning around to run, but were stopped by a large hoarder. He loomed over you, and you crumbled under his intimidating glare.

He started closing the gap between and you tripped on a rock in an effort to move back. You fell onto the ground, flinching as a sharp rock tore a gash through your calf. Grimacing in pain, you put your hands up, bracing yourself for the hoarder's attack.

You looked up at him, expecting to see the hoarder raise his large hammer, but were blinded by a hot flash of red instead. Blinking, your eyes widened as you saw the treasure hoarder in front of you slump onto his knees, fall onto his chest, and crumple into black sand.

Surprised, you gazed at the familiar dark figure looming over the sand as it blew away. You watched as Diluc slew all the hoarders one after the other, until there was nothing else aside from his sword, burning bright red against the dark blue sky.

 You watched as Diluc slew all the hoarders one after the other, until there was nothing else aside from his sword, burning bright red against the dark blue sky

Temporarily frozen in awe, it was only when Diluc sheathed his sword that you realized the intense burning sensation in your calf. Yelling out in pain, you hunched forward and grabbed your leg.

Diluc ran to you and crouched beside your leg, examining it. The moonlight wasn't bright, but it was enough to see the bleeding wound. He looked at you, worry written all over his face. More worry than you would've expected....

"Did one of the hoarders do this to you?", he said, biting his lip as he looked at the wound from different angles.

"N-no...I fell and hurt myself..", you said, looking away while trying to hide the slight blush forming on your cheeks.

He brushed his hair out of his face, you caught a clear glimpse of his focused expression. You stared at his lips as they slowly formed a frown while he examined your calf. "Do you think you can walk?", he asked, suddenly looking at you. You stared at him for a second, then looked down at your leg. "I don't know....", you murmured.

He stood up and offered you his hand. Taking it, you slowly struggled to your feet. You stumbled after taking a few steps and lost your balance. Your eyes widened and you failed your arms, desperate to grab anything to keep yourself from falling. The only thing that was within your reach were the broad shoulders of the redhead in front of you. And that's exactly what you grabbed.