Part 11 - Out of it

"That's not water....' she said, pointing at the cup in your hand.

 "That was alcohol...very strong alcohol..", she said slowly, eyes wide with concern. It took a moment for you to realize. Alcohol? That explained the weird taste. And the horrible throbbing sensation in your head. This was bad. Very bad. You had zero tolerance. Trying to get yourself up, you tripped and flopped onto the floor. Everything was fuzzy and.....for some reason....funny. You giggled to yourself. "Y-Y/N...?", Hertha murmured, coming out from behind the counter.

You looked up and stared at her for a good 5 seconds, then burst into a laugh. "You're really pretty, you know that?", you giggled, trying to point at her but pointing somewhere else instead. "You're an amazing bartender."

Hertha flinched. "This is bad.... She's definitely drunk", she said, worried. "I'd better get Diluc."

At the sound of his name, your eyebrows knit together in frustration. For some reason, hearing the redhead's name annoyed you. 'This.....this is all his fault', you thought, too intoxicated to use any logic. Hertha headed towards the back of the tavern when you called out to her.

"Hertha?"

"Yes...?", she said, unsure how to handle you in your drunk state.

"Don't bother going to see Diluc.", you slurred, shakily getting up off the ground. "I'll.......I'll see him myself."

You made your way past a very confused Hertha and went to the back of the tavern, barely managing to not trip the whole way through. You pushed the back door open to find the grumpy owner standing outside, looking at the sky. 'Ahhh...there he is.', you thought, walking to him.

"Hey!", you shouted. Diluc turned around and looked at you, confused. "What's your problem?", you asked, walking towards him. "My problem...?", he asked, puzzlement evident in his voice.

"Yeah, your problem. What do you have against me?", you slurred, trying to stand up straight and look at him. He stared at you for a few seconds, blinking.

"Are you.....drunk?", he asked his brow knitting together in confusion. "So what if I am?", you scowled. "What difference does it make? You still want Hertha more than me."

"Hertha?", he asked, crossing his arms. You nodded and started walking toward him. "Am I not enough? Am I too much trouble? I know I kicked that girl out before, but-", at this, you stumbled and lost your footing.

Your eyes widened and you flailed your arms, desperately looking for something to grab onto. After failing to find support, you felt yourself falling forward.....straight into someone's strong arms.

Your heartbeat sped up as you gazed up at the alluring redhead holding you, his expression the same, cold one you were familiar with. He wasn't even fazed one bit?

A small frown formed on your lips and you looked up at him. "Do you....not like me?", you mumbled, your lip starting to quiver. He stared into your eyes for what felt like an eternity.

"I do.", he whispered.

"Then prove it.", you said, too intoxicated to think straight. He seemed to consider it for a moment.

"How do you want me to prove it?", he asked, tilting his head.

You stood in his embrace, deep in thought. You shrugged and looked at him. "I don't know...", you murmured. "Any way you want to..."

He arched an eyebrow. "Any way I want to? Are you sure?", he asked. You nodded sullenly. You weren't expecting anything.

"You asked for it.", he said, pulling you close to him. It took a moment for you to realize what was happening, but when you realized, your heart started beating 100x times faster. You slowly looked up at him.

His arms were wrapped around you and they held you in a firm, but tender embrace. He placed a gentle hand on your cheek and slowly caressed your face. You admired the way the soft moonlight twinkled his deep red eyes and illuminated his delicate lips. You watched as those lips got closer....and closer....and closer, until they were only a few inches away from yours.

You felt your cheeks getting warmer by the second. With your heart practically in your throat, you closed your eyes and........passed out on his shoulder. Diluc looked at your sleeping head on his shoulder, surprised.

"How could she fall asleep at a time like this...?", he murmured, chuckling softly as he gazed at you. He whispered your name a few times, but you were passed out cold. There was no waking you up now.

He slowly picked you up, bridal-style, and went back into the tavern. Hertha ran over to him, surprised as she saw Diluc carrying you. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it after Diluc shook his head, motioning for her to keep quiet. She nodded, closing the bar as she left Angel's Share.

He carried you over to the empty booth and placed you down so that your head was asleep on the table. He took off his coat and placed it over your shoulders. Pulling a chair over, he sat down next to you and gently stroked your head with one hand.

He laughed, remembering the way you got mad because you thought he liked Hertha more. Placing his head in his hand, a warm smile formed on his face as he gazed at you.

"It'll always be you, Y/N. Always."