Chapter Eight

When my alarm goes off at 9 AM, I stretch my arms over my head and sit up, yawning widely and slapping my palms against the mattress. It's my turn to grocery shop today, and I can tell just by looking out the window that it is cold as fuck outside.

Before I leave, I have to do laundry; I bought so many clothes the other day, and ever since I was a kid, my mother trained me to wash everything before I wear it. When I was at the mall, it took me hours to find the perfect pair of jeans that fit my wide hips, round ass, and long legs. I finally found a pair I loved at American Eagle—they have a Curvy fit in long length, something Infernis never had, so I bought five pairs in a few different washes. I learned a long time ago not to dry jeans or they'd end up capris, so I figured I'd have time to run them through a quick cycle and hang them to dry before going to the store.

When I get back to my room, I swivel my head toward the bathroom, narrowing my eyes at the shower stall. All I want is to soak in a nice, hot bath before bundling up in layer upon layer just to go to the store. It was one of my only indulgences back home—to take long, luxurious bubble baths that sometimes lasted for over an hour.

But here, all I have is this damn shower where I just wash my hair and body, which I suppose gets the job done, but I long to submerge my entire body in bubbles and steaming hot water.

A devilish idea forms in my mind and a wicked smile parts my lips. Tiptoeing into the hall, I call out Jace's name, but he doesn't answer. I look down into the kitchen from the top of the stairs and can see that his keys aren't on the hook on the fridge.

"Yes," I hiss as I scamper back to my room, snatching everything I need for a bath before running into Jace's room, shutting the door back with a near-silent click behind me.

I stop short before walking into his bathroom, the full realization that I'm invading his space hitting me hard. There's something forbidden about being in here, which in turn gives me an indescribably sexy feeling.

It is of course spotless; his bed is neatly made, but the comforter is different than I expected. From my window, the color scheme appeared gray and black, but his blankets are a deep wine color and very soft. I reach out and run my fingers across the to discover they're crushed velvet. His furniture is wooden, but it's a deep brown, so dark it's almost black, and every piece is sleek and modern. The art on the walls is abstract and intriguing, dark with splashes of basic colors. If I weren't under such a time constraint, I'd stop to analyze it longer.

I continue into the bathroom, where everything is bright and tidy. The garden tub is so inviting, and I don't waste another second running the water as hot as I can and pouring an abundance of jasmine vanilla scented bubble bath into it before turning on the jacuzzi jets.

I undress and pull my hair into a bun on top of my head, sinking into the water, letting out a nearly sexual moan as I'm immersed into scalding hot liquid piled high with bubbles. This is exactly what I've been missing over the past couple weeks, and even though I know I'm being a total creep by taking a bath in someone else's tub without his permission, it's totally worth it.

Closing my eyes, I lay back in the water and slide further in, letting the aroma overpower me until I am in such a relaxed state that I am living up to my namesake, with not a care in the world, not even that the bubbles have started to dissipate. I planned on soaking for only ten minutes tops, but I keep pushing it back, desperate for just another minute.

"No, don't worry about it; I just finished my morning jog."

My eyes snap open as Jace's voice carries into the bathroom and he closes his bedroom door. I scramble to reach my towel on the counter, but it's impossible unless I stand. The open layout of his bathroom gives me no privacy. All he has to do is walk through the archway and he will find me stealing a bath.