Audition

March 27, 2010

March 27, 2010

"Mami! Papi! Harry está encendido!" I yell, running into the living room.

My parents walk in as Simon's voice echoes through the house. "Hello, nice to meet you, what's your name?"

"My name's Harry Styles," he says with the most perfect accent.

"Okay, Harry, how old are you?" Simon's asked this for the past hundred people but Harry's the only one I care about.

"I'm sixteen."

"Okay, so tell me a bit about yourself."

I can tell Harry's nervous, but I know he's going to get through this easy peasy. 

"Um, I work in a bakery," Harry said, quietly.

"Damn right you do!" I jokingly yell at the tv, earning stares from my parents. "Lo siento," I whisper slouching in my seat.

"What are you going to sing?"

"I'll do Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder." 

My favorite song.

I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing by pulling my sweater above my nose, but my parents know me too well and just laughed.

When he finished singing, I couldn't help but smile. He just sang my favorite song in front of thousands of people.

Now it was time to see if he was going to go through. I sit up, literally sitting on the edge of my seat.

"Harry, for the right reasons, I'm going to say no," Louis Walsh says. 

"Eso es una mierda!" 

"ASHLEY!" Both my parents yell at the same time.

"I like you, Harry, I'm gonna say yes." Nicole Elikolani says.

Both my parents and I clap and cheer before quieting down to hear Simon's decision.

"You'll be happy to hear that I'm going to be agreeing with Nicole. Yes." Before Simon could finish his sentence, my parents and I scream while jumping up and down.

He did it, and I'm so proud of him.

Hours later, my parents and I and cooking Harry's favourite dish for dinner. Tacos. When my mom makes tacos, there are no other tacos you'd rather have.

Just as I walk to set the last plate on the table, the doorbell rang. I dropped the plate in my hand, breaking it into a million pieces. As I'm running to the door I yell back to my parents. "Lo siento! Limpiaré eso después. Harry está aquí!"

I swing the door open and hug Harry. "Sabía que podías hacerlo. Lo sabía, lo sabía, lo sabía."

"Darling, I don't speak Spanish so I really hope that was something nice." Harry chuckled.

My mom and dad walk into the entryway. My mom still wearing her apron around her waist. "Of course it was kind. Right, Mija?"

"Si, papi."

"Come in, come in!" My mom guides them into the dining room and gets them all seated. I run to be able to sit near Harry.

For the next five hours, we played games and talked about everything. I beat Harry's ass in Monopoly, Uno, Twister, and Connect Four. Well, I beat him in Connect Four six times but who's counting?

December 12, 2010

Harry invited me to come to see them perform on the X-Factor today. It didn't take much convincing considering I might be on tv, but I also knew he really wanted me there.

I didn't have much time to get ready, so I just threw on a sweater, some overalls, and my favorite white sneaker. I also grabbed an umbrella so my hair wouldn't get wet from the rain.

Harry and his mum were waiting in the car already, so I ran and hopped in as quickly as I could knowing we were already late.

We get there just in time before they started calling Niall, Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Harry to the stage.

Harry starts to head towards the stage before I grabbed his wrist and pulled him in for a hug. 

"You're gonna do amazing," I whisper into his chest.

I pull away just enough to see his face. I go up on my tippy toes so that his eyes meet mine and I kiss his cheek. 

I've never done that before. I've never kissed anyone before, other than my parents but that's when I was a kid so that doesn't count.

The host calls him back again and I see him blush before he turns around and walks away.

God, I hope they win.

The entire time they're singing, my fingers are crossed.

The entire time they're announcing the winners, my fingers are crossed.

Everybody else is gone, except the three other people still in the competition. They're in the top four. 

Simon calls out the person in fourth. I wanna jump and scream that they're in the top three, but somebody just walked off crying her eyes out, I decided not to.

"In first place," Simon starts to say as the anxiety builds in my stomach. When Simon doesn't say One Direction, I see the boys' shoulders slump. It's okay, it'll be okay. 

Simon calls out the person in second. It's not One Direction either. They didn't get first but that's okay. As much as I keep saying "okay", I can see how disappointed the boys looked.

They're third.

"Which means in third place, One Direction."

Harry looks at me and I can't help myself, I run onto the stage and jump into Harry's arms wrapping my legs around his waist nearly knocking him over.

"I knew you could do it. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it." I say smiling into his neck

He pulls his head back and smirks.

That smirk does something to a girl. Especially a sixteen-year-old girl because somehow my lips are on his. It starts soft and sweet and stays that way until I pull away with my cheeks beet red.

A shy smile spreads across my face. "Sorry, I've just wanted to do that for a long time." 

"Me too," he said as he pulls me in for another kiss.

I want to stay in this moment forever I never wanted it to end. But everything comes to an end, right?

~~~~~

a/n: I know this chapter was a little short but it gets the story rolling.

In case you're confused, Ashley and Harry have been friends since they were kids but both secretly liked each other.

I love you all <3