I'm Sorry

Waking up the next morning was hard, but I heard my phone ding which meant I got a text

Waking up the next morning was hard, but I heard my phone ding which meant I got a text. I flip over my phone and see that it's a text from the group chat;

NIALL 🇮🇪
We have to be at the studio at 8

TOMMO 😵
Do ya think she'll wanna come?

NIALL 🇮🇪
Idk, if she comes, great, if she doesn't that's okay

ME
I'm coming

I get up and head to the bathroom to get ready. I look in the mirror and notice how bad I look. My eyes are red and puffy from all the crying. my hair is greasy, and I smell like a pig. Maybe I shouldn't come in today. Nope. Not an option. So, I decided to take a shower to wash everything off. All the smell, all the tears, all the grease, all the feelings.

After I take my shower, I throw on a black top, black bottoms, and a jacket and grab a bag to put my computer in.

I walk over to my bedside table and grab my phone. My eyes make contact with the box my dad gave me, the box and an envelope on top with my name written in her beautiful handwriting. Inside, I've had a mental battle on whether to open the box or not. After a minute or two of just staring at the box, I decided that I'll just open the envelope.

Ashley,

Happy birthday, my love.
Something isn't right, I can feel it. I woke up this morning with a gut feeling that something was wrong. Your dad and I left quite early this morning hoping we wouldn't wake you.
If I don't make it home, I wish I could have been there to see you blow out the candles on your cake. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for your graduation, your wedding, or even when you have your first kid. But you need to know that I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay and watch you live your life to the fullest. You may not always feel like it, but I will always be here for you, always.
I hope that everything works out for you. For you and Harry, for you and school, and most important for you and your father. I want you to look out for him, okay? This is going to be rough for both of you, but I want you to cry when you're sad, I want you to yell when you're mad, and I want you to laugh when you're happy. Mama, loves you very much, dear. Por siempre y para siempre, mi amor.

Mama

My tears start to fall onto the page, smearing the ink so I fold it back into the envelope. As I put the envelope back onto my bedside table, I notice that the only thing I have left to open is the small box. 

I pick up the box and hold it in my hands for a while, deciding what to do. I decide that I want to open the box and when I do, there's a beautiful gold butterfly necklace. The butterflies were small and the chain was thin, but it was beautiful. I clip the necklace around my neck and head downstairs.

As I head downstairs, my dad stops me by the door, noticing the necklace around my neck. "How are you doing, Mija?"

"Just peachy, now can you move? I gotta get to work."