Funeral

The day I never wanted to come, came

I walk to my closet and grab the long black dress I bought online a couple of days ago, secretly wishing it would never come. It did. So I slowly walked into the bathroom to do my make-up and straighten my hair.

When I walk back to my room, I see my dad standing in his room tying his tie with tears running down his face. I walk into his room and stand in front of him, wrapping my arms around his waist, and hugging him tightly. He wraps his hands around my shoulders and kisses me on the head.

"Ay, Mija," he sighs. "What are we gonna do without her?" He asks, resting his chin on my head.

I look up at him, still hugging his waist. "We're gonna do our best. That's what we're going to do."

He giggles a little bit but that giggle quickly turns into a sob. I pull away and put my hands on his cheeks, wiping away his tears. "Did I say something wrong?"

He shakes his head quickly. "It's just something she would say right now."

"Oh, papa," I say hugging him again.

We stay like that for a while before someone rings our doorbell. I pull away from the hug and squeeze his hand. "I'm gonna go see who that is."

He squeezes my hand back. "I'll come with you, we have to leave anyway."

I nod my head and we head down the stairs towards the front door. When I open the door, Harry, Louis, and Niall are all standing outside in suits with roses attached to their pockets and holding black umbrellas.

"Hey," Harry says kissing me on the forehead.

"Hey," I respond quietly.

Louis, Liam, and Niall all take turns giving me hugs and telling me how sorry they are and whatnot but I don't really want to hear it right now.

We walk to the car and drive in the pouring rain to the funeral home fifteen minutes away.

Fifteen minutes.

Fifteen minutes until I'm saying goodbye forever.  Oh, God.

I feel my throat start to close up on me and tears form in my eyes. Please, God, not now, let me wait until we get home to cry.

I see Harry lean forward from being stuck in the middle between Louis and Liam. He clearly sensed something was wrong but didn't want to say anything. "What's going on, A.J?"

"Detener el coche," I say loudly and abruptly.

"Pero, Mija, vamos a llegar tarde," my dad says looking over in my direction, staring at my hand that's desperately trying to open the car door.

He pulls over onto the side of the road and unlocks the door as I run out of the car into the pouring rain. Trying to take deep breaths, inhaling through my nose and exhaling through my mouth. I glance back to the car seeing everybody looking at me.