Surprise

December 17, 2014

December 17, 2014

It's been three months since One Direction came out with their fourth, and I think it's safe to say I'm their biggest fan. 

I haven't heard from Harry in a while which I'm kind of disappointed about, I understand why though. He's in a band, and being in a band means you don't have much time to yourself.

I get to see him tomorrow for my birthday, so I've been cleaning like Cinderella did before the ball.

After I finished cleaning my room where not even a speck of dust could be found, I hop into the shower to clean off all the cleaning chemicals.

When I go to the bathroom, I turn around and make sure to lock the door in case somebody walks in.

I remove my clothing, take my hair out of the messy bun I had it in, and step into the shower.

As the steaming water runs over my body, I start singing It's Been a Long, Long Time by Harry James 

Kiss me once
Then, kiss me twice
Then, kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time

Harry's pov

Our plane arrived a day early so we decided to give them a surprise visit. 

As soon as my mum stops the car, I jump out and run to the front door. I knock three times as hard as I can.

When the door opens I see Camila and Carlos at the door. Camila hugs me first then Carlos. 

"Harry it's so nice to see you!" Camila says with a giant smile and tears in her eyes.

I greet them with a smile, "Hey, Mr. and Mrs. James. How are you?"

"Oh, none of that matters, boy," Carlos says. "How are you?" 

"Busy as a bee, but we have our fun," I smile at the memories we've had so far. "Where's A.J?" I found it strange that she didn't open the door, but she wasn't expecting me today so I understood.

"Upstairs doing some tidying, you could go surprise her if you'd like."

"Gracias!" I had already started making my way around the two of them before they finished.

As I walked the hall to her bedroom, I heard water running coming from the bathroom and somebody singing.

I tried to open the door but it was locked so she was probably showering. I decided it best not to open the door because I know she likes her privacy.

I lean my ear to the door to hear what she's singing.

You'll never know
How many dreams I dream about you
Or just how empty they all seen without you

I open my phone, press the voice recording app, and hit the record button.

So kiss me once
Then, kiss me twice
Then, kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time

God, not only is she beautiful, funny, and kind, she can sing. She can sing pretty damn well.

I hear the shower stop so I move away from the door, walk into her bedroom, lie down on her bed, and start reading the book on her nightstand. From the cover, it was called Pride and Prejudice. That's title is weird. 

Ashley's pov

I turn the knob to turn the water off and step out onto the bathmat. 

I grab my Pinkie Pie rob and wrap it around my body and head out into the bathroom. It's kinda small but I like it so I'm never getting rid of it.

I walk across the hall and walk into my bedroom. 

I close the door and grab my skincare bag. I sit down, open the bag, and start doing my ten-step skincare routine.

I see something move in my bed so I spin my head around and grab my hairbrush to see who it is.

Harry.

I run to my bed and jump on top of him. "Harry!" I say after I kiss him. I kiss him repeatedly making it obvious how much I missed him.

Harry giggled, "I missed you too, love."

He and I both sit up so we're facing each other.

"Is that a Pinkie Pie rob?" He asks, pointing to the towel that is loosely wrapped around my body.

"Yes," I said sternly. "What about it?"

"Nothing, it's cute."

I hop off my bed while rolling my eyes at his statement. I walk over to my door and grab my favorite sweats. "I'm gonna drop my towel so turn around." I didn't face the bed to see if he was looking because I trust him.

I sit on the bed again and poke his arm to tell him it's okay for him to turn back around. He turns to face me again and starts petting my arm.

"This is really soft," he mumbles. "Can I have it?"

I break out into laughter, "Sure, we'll go to Victoria's Secret tomorrow."

"Nevermind," he whispers.

There's a moment of comfortable between us. I like it when we sit in silence, it makes me remember how good we are together.

"You wanna dance?" He asks softly.

"There's no music though."

"A.J, you have an entire wall of CDs and records, I think we would find something."

He's not wrong. "I get to pick though," I say hopping off my bed. I head over to my bookshelf full of records and grab Paul Anka Sings His Big 15  and pick the song. I put it on my record player and drop the needle.

As soon as the ladies in the background start singing, Harry walks over to me and grabs my waist in one hand and takes my left hand to pull me closer. We're chest to chest, my head is resting on his chest and his head is resting on my shoulder.

Put your head on my shoulder 
Hold me in your arms baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

"You have a beautiful singing voice," he whispers into my ear.

I hum in agreement since I'm too tired to say anything.

After the song ends, Harry brings me to lie down on my bed. I lay on his chest listening to his breathing. As I fall asleep, Harry brushes my hair to calm me down. The next I knew, I was falling asleep. 

That night, Harry and I go to bed without dinner. We were both too tired to eat or to do anything for that matter. 

~~~~~

a/n: I loved writing this chapter, I thought it was so cute.