Shawn

Ashley's pov

Ashley's pov

I wake up on the cold hard floor of my room with a blanket covering my entire body. I stand up, stretch my back, and head into the hallway. The smell of french toast guides me down towards the kitchen where my dad and Harry are making breakfast. I stand at the bottom of the stairs watching them move around the kitchen talking and joking with each other. It's nice seeing my dad smile and laugh again, I haven't been doing a good job at that lately.

I go over and sit at the island, swinging my legs around to be under the counter. "Morning, Papa"

My dad jumps and drops a plate full of french toast, he bends down to pick it up while swearing under his breath. "Jesucristo, mija. Una pequeña advertencia la próxima vez, por favor."

I giggle and walk around the island to help pick up the fallen toast. "Lo siento, Papa." I look up at Harry who is flipping the toast on the stove. "Morning, Harry," I say smiling.

I stand up and throw out the dirty toast and walk over to Harry. He leans over and grabs me by the waist and kisses me while still flipping the toast. "Good morning," he smiles.

"Ustedes dos son tan lindos que me enferman," my dad mumbles.

Harry and I both laugh while I grab plates from the cupboard and place the toast on the plates. I set the plates on the island and sit down in front of mine while they join me. "So, Papa, what's on the agenda today?"

"I have to finish the details of the funeral but after that, I was just gonna go for a drive," he says looking at his food.

I look at Harry trying to figure out what I should do, he gives me a strange look and turns toward my dad. "A few friends and I are thinking of going to Brighton, you could come with us if you want."

As if on queue, Niall, Louis, and Liam all walk inside wearing beach shorts and sunglasses. Someone else comes in after Niall, he was tall with curly brown hair and eyes so dark you could practically see his soul. "BRIGHTON!!!" Niall yells.

I flinch at how loud Niall spoke. "It's 6:00 in the morning, the sun isn't even up yet."

"Perfect time to go to the beach then." He argues.

"It's winter. Winter equals cold and cold equals no swimming." I retaliate.

"We can do a polar dip," he pushes. "Oh hey, Mr. James," Niall waves at my dad.

"Morning boys!" My dad says raising his cup of coffee. "Who's the new guy?" He says taking a sip from the white mug.

"I'm Shawn," the new guy says shyly. "I'm a friend of Niall's."

I'm taken aback by how American he sounds. "Where you from?" I saw rather harshly. "I just mean, you're not English so what are you?"

"Born and raised in Ontario, Canada," he says with a nod.