Brighton

Ashey's pov

Ashey's pov

We arrived at the beach about four hours ago and I've finished two books so far. Niall, Louis, Liam, and Harry and in the freezing water playing Marco Polo. Shawn gave me his sweater so I'm nice and warm on this freezing December day. He and my dad are sitting on the blanket talking away about cooking and guitar. Me? I'm lying beside Shawn while reading my third book of the day.

I feel a shadow come over me. I turn my head to see what's blocking the sun when Shawn's face appears beside me. He adjusts himself so that he's lying on his stomach as well. "What ya reading now?"

I close the book, my finger in place like a bookmark. "The Little Prince." He grabs the book, removing my finger from the book. "Hey!" I reach over to grab my book back but he gets up and starts running around the beach.

Shawn runs in circles for what feels like hours before he starts heading towards the ocean, the book still in his hands. "Shawn! No, wait-" my foot hooks onto some seaweed and I fall face-first onto the sand. I groan in pain, letting the waves wash over me. "Hijo de puta." 

I hear the sound of the water splashing stop abruptly. My dad appears beside me pulling me up into a sitting position. "Mija, estás bien? Hay algo roto? Qué te lastimaste?"

I bring my hand up to the face, feeling something drip down it, I look at my hand noticing blood covering the side of it. "Shit."

The boys in the water, including Shawn, rush over when they see the blood dripping from my nose. 

"Oh my God, Ashely!"

"You okay?"

"Do you need some ice?"

"I'm so sorry."

"Ash, what the hell did you do?"

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I yell pushing everybody out of the way. "I am fine, my nose is not broken."

Everybody back up except my dad who is still right in front of me holding my face. "Papa, I am fine. Stop worrying."

He starts to move his hands away from my face when a bug flies in front of my face and he swats it away. While he was swatting it away, he hit my nose straight on. "Ay papá, Para qué diablos fue eso?"

His eyes widen and he kissed my head repeatedly."Lo siento, Mija, habia una mosca," he apologizes through kisses. 

"Papa, get off of me." I push him back so he onto his butt. He looks at me with a worried and confused expression. "I'm sorry, Papa, but I need some space." Everybody gets up and walks away, returning to whatever they were doing before, except Shawn and Harry.

Harry puts his hands out and grabs my wrists helping me stand up. "Let's go somewhere else okay?"

I nod my head and follow him as he leads us away from the beach.