The Beginning of the End

June 2015

June 2015

Ashley's pov

Everybody knows.

Everybody knows we're engaged, Zayn's gone, and I've taken his place. 

Everybody knows everything.

We've just finished a tour and somewhere between shows, Harry and I managed to move into a new house in LA.

It's hard being away from my dad but with how often One Direction goes to the UK, it'll be fine. I keep saying to myself.

I pour myself a cup of coffee and sit in our little breakfast nook that is filled with more books and pillows. I grab one of my textbooks, pens, and headphones that were sitting on one of the pillows and start studying for school today. 

Not long after I start, I faintly hear the sound of Sunny running down the stairs and Harry coming down with her, asking Sunny if she's ready for a walk.

Harry comes behind me with another cup of wonderful, steaming coffee. I take out my headphones and then grab the coffee from him, taking a slow sip. I turn to face him, my eyes still red and bags still under my eyes from being out late last night.

He gives me a morning kiss and takes his hand to cup my cheek, gently rubbing the bags under my eyes with his thumb. "You okay? You look like you haven't slept," he says worriedly, staring at me.

"How flattering," I jokingly say, taking a sip of my coffee. 

His expression changes to a very unimpressed one. "A.J, come on, I know you, I'm marrying you God's sake. I know when something's wrong." I feel myself about to yawn so I bring my wrist over my mouth to hide it. "See? You yawned!"

"It's five-thirty in the morning, love. I am allowed to be tired."

He brings his other hand up to cup the other side of my face. "Please just tell me what's wrong." He makes a puppy dog face and I immediately have to tell him the truth.

I bring my hands up to my eyes and rub them like a little kid, yawning again. "Fine. In all honesty, I haven't slept, not in days maybe weeks, I don't know anymore. With this new album coming out in a few months, Simon has been working me to the brink making sure 'that I'm the best they've ever seen.'" I put quotations over that little bit. "He's been piling me with paperwork, meetings, and making me rerecord the same part over again until he thinks it's perfect. And on top of all this, I have exams and projects I need to do for school."

"He still doesn't know?" Harry asks, ducking his head like he's disappointed in me.

I cover my face with my hands and shake my head. He sighs, his face still ducked into his chest.