Merry Crew

Word count: 1131

Word count: 1131

Daughter of Robin Hood (and Maid Marian)

You were surprised when the barrier was taken down for good. Many VK's transferred to Auradon Prep.

There was an instant rivalry between you and your merry crew and Uma and her pirate crew. You called them your merry crew since they weren't all boys and none of them were what you would call men. Before the first four VK's came, you guys were the troublemakers in Auradon. So much that you got expelled from Sherwood High School. The only school to take you and your merry crew was Auradon Prep.

You would never admit it to the merry crew but you had a slight crush on Harry Hook. He was very attractive and that accent. Oh you just fell for him. But you had like no chance with him.

You and your crew were sitting outside eating lunch when Wilma got hit with some applesauce.

"Who threw that?" asked Wilma Scarlet, your cousin. (Once removed if you want to be specific)

"I bet it was one of them" responded Garrick Whitehand, pointing over to Uma's crew.

You remarked, "Oh this is so not going to end well"

And it did not. Wilma threw a handful of mashed potatoes at Gil. A food fight ensued. All the VK's got in on it and the merry crew even you.

Fairy godmother had to break it up. Everyone involved was given Saturday detention.

You remarked, "Yeah. Yeah. We know the drill. Clean the trophy case, reorganize the books in the library, etc etc"

Fairy god mother said, "Except this time is different. You'll all be paired with a VK"

"Great. Let me guess. You've paired me up with Uma"

"You always catch on quick"

Harry Hook was paired up with Wilma Scarlet, Gil with Garrick, etc etc.

You and Uma had the task of cleaning all the trophies, medals, etc in the trophy room. Yeah, trophy ROOM. It was where all the old trophies went.

You unlocked the first trophy case. The school hadn't been open for that long yet so many trophies.

Uma asked, "So you've been in detention before?"

You responded, "Oh plenty of times. We even got expelled from our last school. And Fairy Godmother's not that big of a fan of our little tricks"

"Tricks like what?"

"Oh just harmless pranks. Stealing people's home made lunches and swapping them. A little bit of forging parent signatures. Stuff like that"

It was all in the name of fun. You guys never meant any harm with your tricks.

Uma smirked, "I've got to say I'm surprised"

"What? You thought all us Auradon kids were stuck up sticks in the mud?" you remarked.

"Pretty much"

"Some of us are. But none in my merry crew. We're all free spirits"

Fairy godmother made a great decision pairing you guys up. You discovered that Uma's pirate crew weren't all that bad. Everyone found out that you guys were more alike than you thought.

Uma and her crew loved sword fighting. You and your merry crew preferred archery.

After detention, you went back to your dorm room. You were exhausted.

You had to ask your roommate, "So I hear you were paired with Harry. What was that like?"

Wilma replied, "Well he kept flirting with me the whole time. Should have seen his face when I told him I like girls"

"So you came out to Harry but not your parents"

"Don't"

Wilma wasn't exactly sure how supportive her parents would be of her being a lesbian. You would always support her. She was like a sister to you.

You tried to change the subject, "So did he say anything else?"

"Not really. Why do you care?" asked Wilma.

"I don't, just trying to make conversation"

"Sure, it's not cause you like him or anything. How was cleaning the trophy room with Uma?"

"It went surprisingly well. I think we can get along"

Tension between the two groups dissipated. There was no need for any ill will anyways. You and Uma set up training for you two groups. Her pirate crew would help you and your merry crew with sword fighting. You and and your merry crew would help her and her pirate crew with archery.

You were leading the archery session at school's archery range. After all, you were captain of the archery team.

You saw Harry messing up and you went over to him, "That's all wrong"

"What?"

You told him, "First off, you can't have your hook in hand while trying to shoot. And secondly, your stance is wrong. Just everything is wrong"

You took the bow away from Harry and put the arrow back in the quiver. You took the hook from his hand and put it on his belt.

You asked, "Are you left or right handed?"

"Right handed"

You turned Harry so he would face the right. You placed yourself behind him. Harry was able to nock the arrow on himself.

You placed his hands in the right place. Three fingers placed carefully in the string and his other hand holding the bow.

You instructed him, "Next step is pre draw. Err. Lift your bow arm up"

Harry lifted the bow and his arm. The bow was still being held in a horizontal position.

You told him, "Now as you draw the bow string, you're going to want to rotate the bow so it's vertical"

That instruction wasn't very clear but Harry seemed to understand what you meant.

"Anchor. Um draw the string back further, about to your cheek"

That was very important step. You had to pull the bow back further than most people would think.

You told him, "Aim. Looks like you've got a good shot. Once I say let fly, release it and follow through"

"Follow through?" asked Harry.

You clarified, "Keep your stance until you hear the arrow hit the target"

You took a few steps back just to be careful, "Let fly"

The arrow hit the second ring of the target. It wasn't a bullseye but it was a good shot.

Harry didn't seem too happy with it and looked to you, "Let's see ye do it"

You were excellent at archery, having learned it from your father, Robin Hood. You did it step by step, letting Harry know what step you were doing.

Your arrow hit the target right in the middle, exactly where you expected it to land.

Harry said, "Ye make it look easier than it is"

You gave Harry back the bow, "Cause it is easy for me. I've been doing this since I was a little girl"

Harry smirked and pointed to another pirate, "I think Jonas needs yer help"

Harry didn't know it yet but he was growing feelings for you. You were feisty, full of life, and you could hold your own, just the kind of thing he looked for in a woman.