Black is Beautiful • 𝖣𝗈𝗃𝖺 𝖢𝖺𝗍/𝖯𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍

(𝗔/𝗡 : 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘀. 𝗶 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘂𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗯𝘀𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗯𝗰 𝗶𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹. 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹, 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗹𝗱. 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗲.)

(𝗔𝗴𝗲 : 𝟱)

In Amala's lap was her daughter, y/n, who was doing her doll's hair. Y/n noticed how pretty her doll looked with her long and straight brown hair, and it made her want to look up in the mirror and see her hair, so that's exactly what she did.

She frowned when she saw that her hair wasn't as pretty as her doll. She put her comb down beside her and sighed, "I so ugly." She meant to say it to herself, but Amala heard it loud and clear.

"What'd you just say?" Amala asked, wanting to make sure that what her daughter said was true or not.

"I say I so ugly." Y/n said a bit louder for her mom to hear, thinking that she would agree. Amala gasped and turned y/n around, "y/n, you are not ugly. You are gorgeous!" Amala stated. "You have the prettiest smile and eyes, and the cutest little nose—"

Before Amala could continue, y/n bursted into tears. Amala cooed and gave her daughter a huge hug, "oh, baby, don't cry! You are beautiful, amazing, and talented. Why would you think you're ugly?" Amala frowned, holding y/n's head in her hands while wiping away her tears with the pads of her thumbs.

"B-Because Dolly has pretty hair and pretty skin," y/n cried. Amala looked down and saw y/n's doll. She noticed her straight brown hair and her fair white skin.

This reminded Amala of when she was little, and when she would look at the Barbie dolls in the toy section and notice how much more beautiful they looked than her. It broke her heart to know that her daughter was going through the same thing she did when she was her age.

"Baby girl, look at me. Look at mommy, baby." Amala instructed. Y/n wiped her tears with her arm and looked at her mother, hiccuping every now and then.

"Baby, you are beautiful. Your brown skin is beautiful and unique. Your hair is special and can be put into many styles that straight hair or curly hair can't be put in. Just because half of our population looks one way, doesn't mean that you have to look the same. Baby girl, you are so beautiful. Don't ever call yourself ugly because you are far from that." Amala could feel a lump forming in her throat and tears rushed into her eyes. She quickly hugged y/n so she wouldn't see her cry, "you are so beautiful, baby. So, so beautiful. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise, you understand?"

Y/n nodded her head. They stayed like that for a couple of moments before Amala got back to doing y/n's hair.

Amala never wanted to hear those words come from y/n's mouth again. It absolutely broke her heart to hear her daughter say that she was ugly. She was going to make sure she never said that again.

She was going to make sure y/n knew that black is beautiful.