Cookie Monster -Rick/Daryl/Negan

Daryl was almost positive he was in for it now, he looked over the kitchen and it was a disaster. What was he supposed to say when his mates got home?

Carl and Judith were covered in flour and chocolate, the counters were a mess, the stove top and oven looked like it had blown up in a disaster.

His own face was covered in chocolate, flour, and Carl had lovingly smashed an egg in his hair.

Baking cookies with their pups had turned into a food fight, and they didn't have any cookies to show for it.

"Oh your dads are going to kill me.." Daryl whined.

"Papa and dad aren't gonna kill you mom." Carl smirked as he smeared batter on Judith's face giving her cat whiskers.

"Daddy will believes me if I says the Cookie Monster did it." Judith suggested as she picked up a handful of batter and tossed it in her brothers direction the two young alphas play fighting.

Daryl closed his eyes thinking for a moment. "Oh god this is going to go over great.."

As soon as Daryl began to clean up he looked over to see Carl dump the cookie batter over his sisters head and the door open revealing his mates. "Daddies!" Judith called knocking the bowl off her head. Daryl dove to catch it but missed it, the bowl cracking in half.

"Shoot.."

"Uh-oh." Judith giggled as batter dripped down her nose.

"What the hell happened here!" Negan asked as they stepped into the kitchen. Both the pups were covered, as well as Daryl. Rick was staring wide eyed at the kitchen.

"My god."

"It was the Cookie Monster." Judith said proudly their toddler pup smiled reaching for Negan who couldn't decide if he wanted to pick her up or not. He pulled off his leather coat and finally gave in.

"The Cookie Monster was it?" Rick asked looking at Daryl who was biting his lip trying to hide the laughter. "And mommy didn't fight it off?"

"Mommy tried real hard." Judith explained. "Then got an egg to the face."

"Two actually." Carl snickered.

"You got me with two eggs?" Daryl asked not having noticed a second.

"No the Cookie Monster did." Judith corrected her mother.

"Right the Cookie Monster." Daryl smiled standing up, Rick rolled his eyes and Carl laughed. Daryl leaned forward on his elbows. "We would have had cookies.."

"It looks like an explosion happened in here."

"It sorta did."

"Well at least I'm aware that we don't leave the pups and their mother to make cookies unsupervised."

Judith giggled leaving chocolate chip batter hand prints along Negan's top. "Little Lady."

She giggled clapping again. She was enjoying herself. "Take your daughter and go get you both cleaned up." Negan said handing their toddler off to Daryl who nodded and raced off to do as he was told.

"So tell me how'd this all start son? This has Carl written all over it." Rick watched him an eyebrow cocked as he cleaned up the bowl.

"Well mom had his back turned and Judith was trying to get to the flour I may or may not have handed it to her, and from there we soon had a cookie battle for the ages."

Negan blinked trying not to laugh, he shouldn't be praising their boy for the disaster they caused. "Help your dad clean this up while I take over for mom so he can shower. Once they're done you get in the shower too little man."

"Yes pop." Carl whined as he helped Rick clean up. "It was epic, not gonna lie."

"I see you're proud of yourself."

"Yes sir I am."

"You owe me a new bowl." Rick muttered with a smile. "Alright?"

"Fair enough."

"I also think you should help your mom with actually making cookies sometime." Rick suggested as he handed him a towel. "Okay?"

"Yes dad, we had fun though. We were laughing and playing so don't be mad."

"Not mad, just surprised to have walked into my kitchen looking like a bomb went off."

Carl ran a hand behind his head chuckling. "Had fun.."

"Sure seems that way." He smirked kissing his cheek. Daryl soon emerged no longer covered in flour and egg. Carl ran off to get cleaned.

"Sorry 'bout the mess. It happened in a split second."

Rick smirked. "Don't be, it was cute to walk into just a huge surprise. Wasn't expecting a half baked disaster."

"Weren't even half baked didn't even get the oven on." Daryl muttered.

Rick laughed at the comment. "They're a handful and you do a great job Daryl. You're a good mom to them, even when they make huge messes."

Daryl smiled seeing Negan walk down the stairs Judith in a pair pajamas now, they had a cookie pattern on them. "Your Cookie Monster wants to say goodnight." Negan said handing her to Daryl. He kissed her forehead.

"Night sweetheart, sweet dreams."

"Night momma," she reached for Rick next. "Night daddy."

He kissed her cheek before handing her back to Negan. "Night daddy!" Judith said hugging Negan tight. The two alphas smiled at their little girl as she waved as Negan headed up the steps to lay her down.

"They may be handfuls but they are our handfuls. Sorry there weren't any cookies."

"Seeing the smile on the three of your faces makes up for that." Rick smiled kissing his cheek before cleaning up the stove top.

Negan walked down the steps to help clean when he saw batter drip down on Rick's face. "How the hell is there batter on the ceiling?"

"Carl." Daryl smirked wiping Rick's nose off. "He wanted to see if cookie batter worked like pizza dough. It does not."

"Great observation darling." Negan laughed grabbing a chair to clean the dripping mess from the ceiling. "Cookie Monster really got you didn't it?"

"Too strong couldn't fight it off." Daryl chuckled smiling. "Tried really hard I did."

The two alphas chuckled kissing one of Daryl's cheeks each. "Next time we will help." Negan promised. "May actually get one cookie out of it."

Daryl smiled. "I doubt it, the two of you with cookie batter will end up with a bigger mess." Rick and Negan laughed before hugging him. "Maybe I'll just order out cookies from that local bakery next time."

The two nodded liking the suggestion. "As long as we get one." Negan smiled. Rick nodded. "Off to bed Cookie Monster hunter, been a long night."

Daryl smiled running off to bed. Carl smiled exiting the shower saying good night to his parents. That was the greatest cookie battle of all time.

Next time he just needed to get his dads.