An indescibable love - Alpha!Rick x Omega!Daryl

The crying woke Daryl, like it always did. Daryl rolled out of bed eyeing his mate as he trudged through the dark to the nursery.

"Hey pup," Daryl whispered bringing the wiggling pup towards the crook of his neck his scent calming the wailing pup. "You hungry?"

The little pup seemed to calm at the thought of a meal.  Daryl smiled sleepily and pulled his tank top off, the small pup reached for him for he had set them down so he could feed them.

Daryl smiled picking up the whining pup, he grunted as it latched but relaxed and began to rock them. "Your daddy never gets up with you does he Carl?" Daryl asked cooing his two month old son.

Rick woke to the scent of milk and vanilla. Pregnant omegas, omegas that had recently given birth, or omegas that were feeding often smelt of one or both. Rick smiled hearing the creaking of the rocking chair Shane and Lori had given to them as a gift for their first born.

Daryl didn't often sing or hum, but for Carl he'd do anything. His humming was soft, the suckling of Carl almost masked it, but Rick could hear it through the door to the nursery.

Rick opened the door carefully, Daryl didn't notice and continued humming while feeding their pup. Rick leaned up against the doorframe watching his mate lovingly dote on their pup. The love that Daryl had for Carl was something Daryl didn't know he had in him.

His life had been hell, Rick had saved his life and from that moment their relationship flourished. He had been abused and brought to his lowest, when he got pregnant with Carl he was horrified, he was scared he'd become like his father.

Through Rick he had learned what it meant to love and he loved. He learned that a pup could he a blessing not a curse, with the help of Rick. As well as all of his new friends through Rick he learned that the life he lived before that day Rick burst in and saved his life was not normal.

"I love you little one." Daryl whispered as Carl's small hand laid on his peck. Daryl smiled as milk dribbled down the young alphas chin. "Alright, before you go into a milk coma." Daryl pulled Carl off of him and laid him over his shoulder burping the tiny pup.

Carl's eyes found his father in the dark. He coed and Rick smiled carefully walking up to them, Daryl smelt his alpha and turned. "There's my family." Rick smiled leaning over to kiss them each on the forehead.

Daryl blushed, he handed the small pup to his father and then pulled his top back on. Carl swatted at Rick, the alpha in the young pup presented itself in play fighting towards other alphas he knew. The little pup would bark or growl of an unknown scent got to close to his omega mother.

Rick snickered as he booped the small pups nose, Carl's face scrunched and Daryl smiled. His heart melted anytime he watched his alpha mate with pups, and watching him with their pup was enough to turn salt to sugar.

Rick handed Carl to Daryl, Daryl rocked the pup holding him close to his scent glands. The pups eyes fluttered growing calm with his mother's scent. Rick wrapped his arm around Daryl's body rocking with the omega until their pup finally gave into sleep.

Daryl slowly lowered the pup into the crib, Daryl smiled as he watched the little pup roll to his side holding tight to a dog plush. Rick looked over to Daryl seeing that indescribable love radiate off his mate, Rick picked Daryl up and carried him off to bed. "Sleep now, while we can."

"Next time you can get up with him." Daryl smiled, Rick nodded kissing his mate as he pulled him into his arms.

"Alright I promise 'mega."

Daryl purred as Rick kissed his mate mark before resting his head under his own. "I love you Rick." Daryl smiled with a yawn.

Rick smiled, Daryl smelt the pride in his mate. "I love you too Daryl."