No Turning Back Now

The trio arrived at the village and they directly went to the Hokage's office. Sasuke who has an aura walked silently beside Sakura and Naruto. As they entered the room, both the 5th and the 6th are present. Naruto beamed as he saw his wife also present. He hurriedly walked towards her and gave her a warm embrace. Sasuke, on the other hand, glares at both of the kages, unaware of his wife's worried gaze.

On their way back to the village, Sakura had a hard time catching up to the two men. Sasuke insisted that they should ride Aoda for her sake but she keeps on refusing and when she suddenly felt dizzy and almost fell, Sasuke knew it was the last straw and used his Susaano instead. Naruto did his best to stay silent because he knew Sasuke is agitated and worried sick about his stubborn pregnant wife.

"You better come up with a good excuse of letting us go out there and call us back here." Sasuke started.

"I know your concerns, Uchiha but that does not permit you to give us that tone."

"With all due respect, Lord Fifth. But I wanted Sakura to rest here in the village for the whole duration of our pregnancy. I am aware that she wanted to help out the people in need because that's the kind of medic-nin she is but you should've pushed her to decline or made arrangements with Kakashi to not let her go considering she is with child. My child."

There's a deafening silence in the room. Sasuke realized the mistake he made in his words. 

"Forgive me, my last statement was out of place." 

'Yes. No offense taken. I agree with what you have said but the unforeseen situation would have put you in danger if you have continued the mission."

Sakura was silent, her head hanging low, bangs covering her eyes. Sasuke glanced at her not knowing what she was thinking. He thought that maybe she understood what he meant and understood his concerns for her and their unborn child. Sakura glanced back up, her brows furrowed in annoyance, mouth into a stubborn frown. 

"I'm not weak, Sasuke-kun"

"I didn't say you were."

"You're implying that just because I'm pregnant I cannot handle this mission and need you to take care of me."

"You know that's not what I meant."

"It's never what you meant Sasuke-kun. I need you to know that this pregnancy is not a hindrance to me being a ninja. This situation right now brings me to that moment when we were genin and I was labeled weak and a crybaby. You all think that. This is no different at all. I'll take my leave, Hokage-sama. In case you need me, I'll be at home. Thank you." 

And with that statement, Sakura turned to the door and left. Sasuke who was left dumbfounded by his wife's actions, can't seem to move his legs to follow her. The two kages who were watching sighed in disbelief. Naruto, on the other hand, had his lips pursed into a thin line, understanding where his pink-haired teammate is getting at and sympathizing with Sasuke since he knows how it feels to be in his shoes. After all, his wife is 7 months along now. 

Sasuke regained his composure and turned back to Kakashi. He'll deal with Sakura later. She needed space anyway.

"Rokudaime.."

"It's possible that they were after you, Sasuke. But it seems that they already know your weakness that's why I sent you back early."

"Ah. I figured."

"Well, my apologies for not telling it sooner."

"Even if you did, the outcome will still be the same. She'll still be upset."

"There's no turning back now. We have to prepare for it. I have a hunch that this will be a bloody fight."

"Ah."