Chapter 3: Could it be?

The kiss was short but Sakura felt Sasuke's guilt, the rage, the sadness, the loneliness, and finally the love that she longed to feel. When he pulled away, Sakura saw a tear fell out on the corner of his eye and she reached out to wipe it. He held her hand that, that was pressed in his cheek, closed his eyes and exhaled.

"I know what I did can't change the fact that you'll leave me. But I hope you would hear me out."

Sakura didn't say a word and just looked at him, letting him know she was listening.

"I married you not because of the clan. I can care less about that. I know you care for me but I'm just not ready for you to see the darkness in me. I was scared of you loving other men. I was scared of loving you too. I was scared because I might lose you. I've lost so many. I don't think I can bear it if I lose you too." He explained.

"So you chose to push me away?"

"At some point, I realized that you deserve to be happy. I don't want you to be trapped in this hell hole with me. You deserve more and you're too good to deserve a jerk like me."

"You know how much I love you! Why are you doubting my feelings? I already told you that I would spend my life making you happ-"

"Then what about you? You think I care only about my happiness when you can be happy with somebody else? Knowing that he can never make you cry like I do." Hurt was visibly written in his face and this made Sakura's heart tighten. It hurt.

"Why would you think that?" She asked.

"Because I was afraid."

"Why were you afraid?"

"Because you have loved me long enough. Someday, you'll realize that you deserve so much better and leave me. And because I was afraid of loving you because I would lose you, I thought it was better to push yoh away from me."

"Do you realize how stupid that is?"

"It's possible."

"You should put more trust in yourself Sasuke-kun. I would never leave you because I know that my love for you is true. I said this to Naruto because he was so stupid to realize Hinata's in lie with him and you're too stupid to realize it too. When a woman falls in love, her feelings doesn't change that easily." She said as she pulled him in yet another embrace which he greatfully accepted.

"You always have a way with words." He said and she smiled.