Chapter 2: And here I thought

After that's happened I went upstairs to gather my things.

I feel like dying.

I suddenly felt alone.

I lost him. I know I just did.

Being married for a year, I can only bear so much. There were these nights when I found myself waking up to a scream and scared the life out of me. I would ask if he was okay but he'll just glare and push me away, got up, and leave the house in the middle of the night leaving me confused and hurt and forcing myself back to sleep like nothing happened.

I know he loves me.

I know he does. Deep down inside I know he does.

Ever since my sudden outburst, I instantly went upstairs but I haven't heard Sasuke make his way out of the house. I collected my things but heard footsteps approaching the room slowly. I turned to see who it is.

And there he was looking at me in his emotionless facade, his dark orbs drowning me in his stare.

What happened to us?

He was staring at me.

I shivered at his gaze when his brows furrowed and I thought for a second I saw a flash of guilt in his eyes but maybe I was imagining it.

I stared back at him, my hand finding its way to my swollen cheeks. I saw his brows slightly twitch and his body tense. I bobbed my head to the side in confusion. My body suddenly froze when he made his way toward me. Every step he takes makes my heart beat fast. He reached out his hand towards my face and I took a step back, my eyes widened at the sudden gesture, afraid that he'll hurt me again

When suddenly, he pulled my hand and I closed my eyes tightly afraid of what he might do to me but to my surprise, my head was hit by his hard chest, my body was wrapped by his arms, and I can feel him bury his head at the crook of my neck, his breath hitting my skin which made me shiver. I felt my eyes burn as tears slowly formed around my orbs.

He's hugging me right now which made me more confused than I ever was. And slowly I felt my arms wrapping themselves around him. We stayed like that for a good minute, listening to each other's heartbeat, but I can feel his beat faster than mine. He broke the embrace and looked me straight in the eye, brows knitted together, and his lips showed a frown. He leaned and pressed our forehead together, his eyes closed tightly showing that he was guilty of what he has done.

"I didn't mean it. I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry" that's all it took to take my breath away, these simple words broke the walls I built.

"Why did you marry me? What did I do that made me deserve this? Why do you push me away? Why did you choose me? Is t because I told you I love you? Did you just use me to rebuild your clan? Did you even know I care a whole damn lot about you? Do you even care? Do you... Do you even love me?" questions left my mouth but still a lot of them unanswered in my head but the last question made my heart churn and burn because I know what his answer will be.

He pulled away from me, and looked at me dumbfounded, our eyes met but I looked away, intending to leave but I was caught off guard when his lips collided with mine.