Moon & Blossoms

After their discharge, Naruto & Hinata bid goodbye to Sasuke & Sakura and went home. 

The couple spoke nothing but the silence was comfortable. Sasuke was packing some stuff to get ready to go home and Sakura is sitting on the chair near the window and staring outside the whole time. 

"Bag's all packed, we'll leave when you're ready."

Still staring out the window, Sakura spoke.

"I wonder if this was the right choice."

"What?"

"..."

"Sakura." his tone wasn't mad or demanding. It was more on to call her attention.

"I wonder if... I made the right choice."

Sasuke's feeling a bit lightheaded about where this conversation might end up.  Cold sweat started to form on his forehead and his hands are starting to feel cold as well. He feels like his knees are about to give up. A strange feeling that only Sakura can make him feel. Nervousness.

"What do you mean?"

She looks at him.

"Do you regret it too?"

"What are you talking about."

"..."

"Sakura."

"I've been thinking about it and I realized that... I can't make you stay if you don't want to."

"..."

" I feel like I have made a mistake making you stay when you want to get out of my skin."

"Sakura, you know that's not it."

"Yes, it is." she stared back out the window.

"Sakura."

No response. He walks towards her and got down on his knees so that their eyes are at the same level. She looks back at him with an expressionless face. He furrowed his brows and thought to himself, "How did I make such a cheerful person doubt and scar herself"

"I will do everything and anything to keep you both safe. Even if it means leaving the village and going on a long journey, I will do it. If it means it will keep you both safe, I wouldn't mind. What I can't do is leave you here with the thought that I abandoned you both."

"Was I selfish making you stay?" she's starting to tear up again.

"No."

"I want our baby to hear your voice, for you to carry her, to take care of her, and make her feel like she's so loved by both her parents."

"And that will happen. I promise you that much, Sakura."

She smiled and trusts his words. 

When they arrived home, it was after sunset and the moon slowly appeared in the indigo skies. Sakura sat on their small engawa outside her and Sasuke's room basking in the moonlight. She stared at the moon as she felt a hand slowly brushing through her shoulder with a hint of warmth. It was Sasuke handing her a cup of ginger tea that he brewed just now. Sasuke sat next to her and joined her for the view as well.

They sat there in silence, none of them want to talk because of how peaceful the moment is. Sakura scooched a little closer to Sasuke and rest her head on his shoulders while Sasuke then followed resting his head on hers. 

"By the way" Sasuke started.

"Hmm?"

"You always say "she" when referring to the baby. Are you sure she's going to be a girl?"

"Well, my instincts say yes." she let out a little giggle.

"Well, what if it's a boy?"

"Well, I'm gonna love him anyways."

"..."

"This.. won't be a problem right? Sasuke-kun?"

"What's not gonna be a problem?"

"The baby's gender?"

"What?"

"Well,  I figured that you're reviving your clan, so might as well have a boy right?"

"Sakura."

"I mean having a boy would be stronger and and and-"

"Sakura, stop."

"I-I'm.. I just want to know if it's not going to be an issue."

"It would never."

"..."

"I didn't marry you just to rebuild my clan, Sakura."

"..."

"That was my plan at first.. To rebuild my clan.. But since you came, you only made me realize that. . .  I want to rebuild my life. So the baby is just a plus. 

"Don't you ever cringe at your own words?"

"Shut up."

Sakura then let out a laugh, and the two were silent again. 

" Isn't it beautiful, Sasuke-kun?"

"Ah."

Sakura slowly looked up to see if he was really watching the same thing as she is, only to realize that there was a small cherry blossom tree not far from their building. She smiled as she went back to rest her head on his shoulders. Little did she know that Sasuke let out that smile that he only has for her.