Chapter 12 - Team

As I sat at the table, sipping on a warm cup of coffee, my phone buzzed, indicating a new message

As I sat at the table, sipping on a warm cup of coffee, my phone buzzed, indicating a new message. Curiosity piqued, I picked it up and unlocked the screen, revealing a message from the unknown sender. My heart skipped a beat as I read the words.

Unknown: "I have a task for you. There's someone I want you to deliver to me alive. He's been a thorn in my side for too long, and I need him in my possession. You have three days to complete this mission. 

Before I could gather my thoughts and respond, another message appeared on my screen.

Unknown: "Time is ticking, doll... Tick tock, tick tock."

Me: Who is it?

As I anxiously awaited their next message, my phone buzzed once again, indicating a new notification.

Unknown: The target's name is Thomas Evans, and he's the mastermind behind a notorious human trafficking ring. He's currently hiding at an abandoned warehouse on Elm Street. Bring him to me alive. You know what will happen if you fail doll.

Me: Yes I know, and I'll do it

Unknown: Good girl

***

With a sinking feeling in my chest, I knew I had to reach out to Greyson and Leo for their support. My hands trembled as I dialed their numbers on my phone.

After a few rings, Greyson picked up the call. His voice was laced with concern as he asked, "Hey, what's going on?"

Taking a deep breath, I replied, "Greyson, it's urgent. Can I come over," I pleaded, my voice wavering with anxiety.

"Of course," Greyson replied without hesitation. "You know you're always welcome here. We'll be waiting."

I hailed a cab, my mind racing. I anxiously watched the passing streets, the suspense building with each passing moment.

Finally, the cab pulled up in front of Greyson and Leo's apartment building. I paid the fare, offering a quick word of thanks to the driver before stepping out onto the pavement. Taking a deep breath, I made my way to the entrance, my footsteps echoing with a mix of determination and apprehension.

"Hey, you made it," Greyson said, his voice filled with warmth. "Come on in."

"So what happened" Leo asked and I showed him my phone.

Greyson's brows furrowed, his eyes burning with a mixture of anger and determination. "This is beyond messed up. How did they even get a hold of you?"

"I have no idea," I replied, my voice trembling. "It's like they've been watching me, monitoring my actions."

"It's going to be okay, You'll be okay We're gonna be here for you all the time," They say. Their reassuring words brought a comforting warmth to me. I looked at Greyson and Leo, their unwavering support shining through their eyes.

"Thank you," I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes. "I don't know what I would do without you two."

"We're a team, remember," Leo says with a reassuring smile.

"We have to gather more information," Greyson suggested, pulling out his laptop. "We'll reach out to our contacts, dig deeper into Thomas Evans' operations, and strategize the best approach to infiltrate that warehouse."

"Let's do that, I have to go soon," I say peeking through Grey's computer.

"Look at this," Leo said, pointing at a document on the screen. "It seems Thomas Evans has been operating under multiple aliases, making it difficult to track his movements. We'll need to cross-reference this information with our existing intel."

Greyson furrowed his brow, deep in thought. "I'll reach out to a few of my trusted sources and see if they can provide any additional insights. We need to know as much as possible about the warehouse on Elm Street, the security measures in place, and any potential allies or informants within Evans' network."

We spend the rest couple of hours discussing our next course of action.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you think the unknown texter is?

For spoilers and updates before time follow my Insta - luciferhades574

🖤💋