Chapter 47 - An Act

I woke up with a groan as I felt something—or rather someone—on top of me

I woke up with a groan as I felt something—or rather someone—on top of me. Can't a guy get some sleep around here? I remembered the events of last night.

Flashback

"No, I want to sleep with both of you," Nico stated adamantly, shaking his head as if there was no room for negotiation.

Classic. Stubbornness clearly runs in the family.

"Nico, mi amore, how's that possible?" Alessa's voice was gentle as she tried to reason with him.

"You both sleep together with me," he stubbornly insisted.

A flicker of panic crossed her eyes as she turned to me, hoping I'd step in and help her out of this predicament. I gave her a casual shrug, "Don't drag me into this." She shot me a glare. Before I could say anything, Nico tugged on Alessa's shirt.

"Mommy, please," he pleaded and gave her those puppy dog eyes she can't resist.

"Fuck," she said

"Momma said a bad word," Nico observed with an innocent expression. I smirked, seizing the perfect opportunity to tease Alessa. "Yes, she did. That means she has to listen to you now."

Nico's eyes widened with hope, "She does?"

"Absolutely," I confirmed with a wink in his direction.

Nico's gaze turned towards Alessa, his expression hopeful. "So, momma, pleaseeee, can you both sleep together with me?"

I could practically see the mental battle raging inside Alessa's head as she shot me a look that clearly said, 'You're in trouble.' Nonetheless, she turned her attention to Nico and gave in, her tone resigned, "Fine."

 Nico's face lit up as he hopped around in excitement almost falling on his own feet.

"Easy there, sweetheart," she laughed, and he calmed down a bit.

"How about we go to sleep now and then head out for swimming tomorrow?" I suggested, and he enthusiastically nodded, bouncing with energy. I couldn't help but chuckle at his enthusiasm, and soon we all fell asleep together.

And that's how I ended up with Nico and Alessa both sprawled on top of me. I groaned and tried to shift, attempting to escape their death grip. Like mother, like son, I guess.

After a good five minutes of maneuvering, I finally managed to extract myself from their clutches. I headed to the bathroom to freshen up. When I returned, I found both of them half-awake, with Nico rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Morning," Alessa greeted me with a soft smile. I planted a kiss on Nico's head, instructing him and Alessa to meet me in the kitchen for breakfast, and they both nodded in agreement.