Chapter 39- Sorry

"You look stunning, babes," McKenzie complimented me, eyeing my ball gown

"Thank you. You look amazing too," I replied with a smile.

She was about to respond when Lyla and Zoey barged in.

"Whoa, we're looking fabulous," Lyla exclaimed, taking in our appearance.

"You guys are rocking those outfits. Seriously, I'd be shocked if your boyfriends can keep their hands off you tonight," I teased, earning blushes from both of them.

"Did you bring your knives and guns?" I asked, and they nodded in confirmation and with that we made our way downstairs, and the boys' jaws practically hit the floor when they saw us.

They pulled their partners close and engaged in passionate kisses.

I couldn't resist making a gagging noise, and luckily, they eventually released each other.

"Alright, let's get going, you bunch of motherfuckers!" I yelled playfully, and they all burst out laughing, following my lead.

I feel like something is gonna happen today.

***

"Are you sure about this?" Grey asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yes, Grey, I'm sure. People will eventually find out, so why not reveal that I'm now the leader of the Russian mafia?" I responded, my patience wearing thin.

"Alright, alright. No need to act like you'll murder me," he quipped, raising his hands in mock surrender.

"Oh fuck off"

***

"The Russian mafia leader," the host announced as I descended the grand staircase.

The astonishment in my family's eyes was unmistakable—they were struggling to process the reality of my presence.

Ace's gaze was fixed on me, and I could practically feel his eyes tracing every curve that my gown was showing. I felt a mixture of flattery and unease.

Walking down the stairs, my heels were proving to be a torture device. How on earth did people manage to wear these things?

"Alessa," my father managed to say, his voice slightly shaky, just as I was about to take a bite of the delicious food.

Timing at its finest.

"How?" My eldest brother inquired, his disbelief evident.

"Creating a fake dead body wasn't as challenging as you might think," I answered, noting the horror that washed over their faces.

Damn it.

"You did that?" Xander's tone was angry.

"Yes, I did, I had my reasons and I'm deeply sorry,—" I began, but Xander cut me off.