Epilogue

A scream that could rival a horror movie echoed through the room as I felt a sudden, unexpected rush of warmth between my legs

"What happened? Are you okay?" Ace burst into the room, his eyes wide with a mix of concern and bewilderment.

"I BROKE MY WATER, I'M GOING INTO LABOR. GRAB THE MOTHERFUCKING CAR ACE!" I exclaimed, the urgency making my voice reach new heights.

Ace, looking like a deer caught in headlights, fumbled with his words. "Uh, right, the car... and stuff. Got it!" he stammered, his eyes wide.

"ACE, THE BAG! NOT THE SNACKS, THE HOSPITAL BAG!" I shrieked, a contraction hitting me like a ton of bricks.

"Right, right! Got it, Nico, where is Nico?" Ace asked himself, a bit too frazzled for his own good.

Ace, his eyes wide with a mix of panic and excitement, opened the car door for me. "Babe, you're doing amazing. Just hang in there, we're almost there."

I glared at him between contractions. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one giving birth."

He gulped, clearly unsure how to respond. "Uh, well, I'm here for moral support?"

I shot him another glare. "Moral support won't cut it when I'm in labor, Ace."

As we sped toward the hospital, Ace tried to lighten the mood. "You know, I read somewhere that some women sing during labor. Do you want me to play some music?"

"Play something, and I will sing a lullaby that'll haunt your dreams," I snapped, clutching the car seat.

Ace gulped audibly, and wisely decided to focus on the road. "Got it, no music. Just deep breaths and maybe some silent moral support?"

"I will fucking kill you," I snapped at him while giving him a death glare.

Ace chuckled nervously, "Alright, deep breaths it is. And, uh, complete and utter silence. Got it."

We arrived at the hospital, and Ace looked more terrified than ever. Nico was just confused as to what was going on.

"You got this, babe. You just focus on not passing out," he said, attempting to be supportive.

I shot him a look that could freeze lava. "Oh, believe me, I plan to be very conscious when I'm holding this over your head for the rest of our lives."

Ace, trying to be helpful, attempted to coach me through breathing exercises.

"Inhale, exhale, you're doing great," he encouraged.

I grabbed his collar, "You try inhaling and exhaling when your insides feel like they're staging a revolt!"

As the moment approached, Ace looked like he might faint. "I need air, I can't do this" he mumbled, heading for the door.

"You're not going anywhere!" I yelled after him.

"I'm trying not to pass out!" Ace mumbled, his face a shade paler than usual.

The nurse attempted to guide Ace on supporting me, but his fear was almost comical. I shot him a glare between contractions, "Ace Hernandez, if you faint on me, I swear I'll..."

"You'll what?" Ace squeaked.

"I'll... I'll give you the silent treatment for a week," I threatened.

Ace gulped, "Okay, okay, no fainting. Got it."

The nurse chimed in, "Come on, Alessa, you can do it. One more push!"

"You're never touching me again" I screamed at Ace, beads of sweat rolling down my face. The pain was intense, and my patience was wearing thin.

The nurse, undeterred, continued, "Alessa, just a bit more. Push!"

"Bitch, I've been trying to push for the last 30 mins. You push!" I shot back, my frustration reaching its peak.

The nurse, though taken aback, maintained her composure. "Alright, let's take a deep breath and try one more time. You're almost there."

"Momma, You can do it," Nico said from behind.

I grumbled something  but nodded, gathering what little energy I had left for another push. The room was filled with encouragement from the nurse, the distant beeping of machines, and my own strained efforts.

Then, at last, a moment of sweet relief. The cries of our child echoed, a beautiful sound cutting through the tension. Exhausted but happy, I collapsed back, catching my breath.

With tears streaming down his face, Ace couldn't contain his joy. "Congratulations, you have a baby boy."

Nico, standing beside us, stared at his new sibling with wide eyes. "He's so small. Can I hold him?"

Ace looked at me for approval, and I nodded. Nico cradled his baby brother with a mix of gentleness and curiosity, his eyes filled with wonder.

"He's perfect, just like his mama," Ace whispered, leaning in to plant a soft kiss on my forehead.

The nurse, noticing our little family moment, smiled and quietly exited the room, giving us space.

"Enzo," Ace said, "Enzo Hernandez."

The name hung in the air, wrapping around our little family like a warm embrace. It felt right, like the final puzzle piece clicking into place.

"Enzo Hernandez," I repeated, letting the name roll off my tongue. 

Nico, still holding his baby brother, grinned. "Enzo, you're part of the crew now, baby bro."

------------------------------------------------------------

Im so goddam happy rn I cant even imagine. I started this book like a year ago but then I took it down for editing and now after a year and a half, its finally over.

Im also very sad cuz I abosolutely loved writing this book and I'm for sure gonna miss these characters a lot.

I was thinking of putting some bonus chapters? Do you all want that?

And Nico's Story is going to be published soon. There is going to be a lot of drama, spicy-ness and Nico being reunited with his long lost love, Lili

Hope you all love that story too

Thank u <3

🖤💋