Chapter 23 - Mafia Ball (Part I)

I took one last look at myself in the mirror, admiring the way the midnight blue gown hugged my curves perfectly

I took one last look at myself in the mirror, admiring the way the midnight blue gown hugged my curves perfectly.  My hair was styled in an elegant updo, with a few loose tendrils framing my face.

With a deep breath, I came down the grand staircase, the sound of my heels echoing through the hallway. 

I saw Ace standing. tall and commanding attention in his tailored suit, fixing his tie

I reached at the end of stairs and he still hadn't noticed me. Men. I go up to him and fix his crooked tie, patting him on the chest after I'm done.

"I'm not always going to be here to fix those, You know? You need to learn how to do it by yourself," I playfully teased him while he took a good look at my body.

"Good thing I'm never letting you go, hmm?" he replied, his voice filled with both possessiveness and affection.

"And what if I want to go?" I challenged, a hint of defiance in my voice.

"Even then, I won't let you go," he declared, his tone firm and unwavering. He stepped closer, his presence commanding and intoxicating. "Because, my love, you are the one that keeps me grounded, the light that guides me through the darkness. Without you, I'm lost."

"I am never leaving you, Ace," I stated.

A soft smile tugged at the corners of his lips, his eyes softening "You better not," he replied, his voice laced with a hint of playfulness. "Because I don't know what I'd do without you, Alessa. 

"You look beautiful," he said, his voice filled with admiration. His hand gently brushed against the small of my back, sending a shiver down my spine. "Absolutely stunning."

A blush crept up my cheeks, and I couldn't help but feel a surge of confidence under his gaze. "Thank you," I replied, my blush prominent "You clean up nice as well"

Ace's lips curled into a smug smile, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Well, I have to keep up with your beauty, don't I?" he teased, his voice low and seductive.

I playfully rolled my eyes, a giggle escaping my lips. "Flattery will get you everywhere, won't it?"

"We're going to be late," I said, my voice filled with a mix of excitement and nervousness. "Will my family be there? I haven't talked to them in days. I left and stayed with you since you know that day."

Ace's eyes softened, his thumb brushing against my cheek. "Yes, your family will be there," he reassured me. "But don't worry, love. You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to. I'll be by your side the entire time."

"Thank you"

Ace leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "You don't have to thank me, Alessa."

"Now, Shall me m'lady," Ace asked, extending his arm towards me.

I smiled, accepting his invitation "Lead the way, my love," I replied, placing my hand on his arm.

----------------------------‐-------------------------------------

Short chapter but I wanted to update quicklyyy

How do you like the new cover?

Till next time bitches 😉

🖤💋