Chapter 31 - Threat

I was immersed in my work at Ace's company, trying to focus on the tasks at hand

I was immersed in my work at Ace's company, trying to focus on the tasks at hand. I had my hands full with various assignments. Just as I was getting finally getting my work done, my phone buzzed with a new message notification.

I glanced at the screen and frowned at the unknown number. The message was short and chilling: "Come back to Russia, or else pretty boy dies."

I read the message again. I shook my head and scoffed. He wouldn't hurt Ace? He knew clearly who Ace was and what he was capable of. Ignoring the message, I went back to my work, dismissing it as some empty threat.

Time passed, and I continued to work, finishing many assignments, the message pushed to the back of my mind. But then, my phone rang, and It was Ace's dad, I answered it, thinking it might be related to work.

"Hello?" I said, my voice professional.

"Alessa, it's me," a familiar voice said.

"Yeah, I know Dad" I said, surprised to hear from him. "Is everything okay?"

There was a moment of silence on the other end before he spoke again, his voice heavy. "No, Alessa. Something's happened. Ace has been in an accident. He's in the hospital."

My breath caught in my throat. "What? Is he... Is he okay?"

"He's in critical condition," his dad replied, his voice cracking. "We need you here, Alessa."

The world seemed to spin around me as his words sank in. My hands trembled, and I gripped the edge of the desk for support. Ace, in the hospital, fighting for his life? It couldn't be true.

"I'll be there," I managed to say, my voice shaky.

"Please hurry," he said before ending the call.

My mind was a whirlwind of emotions as I quickly gathered my things and rushed out of the office. The message from earlier suddenly felt more ominous, more real. As I drove to the hospital, my heart raced, and I couldn't shake off the fear that had settled in my chest.

I had to get to Ace, to be by his side. Whatever had happened yesterday was old news, I wasn't going to let anything keep me from him.

I was on the way when my phone buzzed again. Thinking it might be Ace's dad, I picked it up and saw the same unknown message again.

That was just a warning

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger........... hahahahahahahahahaaaa

I'm actually typing this from school so rn im just hoping I dont get caught. Yea byeeee, the teacher is staring at me.

Thoughts for the chapter?

Till next time bitches 😉

🖤💋