Chapter 42 -My son

"You have a son

"You have a son."

A full-blown, unexpected laugh burst out from me. It was a reaction I hadn't anticipated, but the sheer absurdity of the statement seemed to have tickled my sense of disbelief.

"Yeah, right. Good joke," I retorted, my voice laced with skepticism. "Listen, I don't have time for your nonsense right now, and if this—"

"I'M NOT LYING, DAMMIT!" Her voice cut through my words, her frustration ringing loud and clear.

She called for someone named Nico, and moments later, a young boy entered the room. My eyes flicked between him and Alessa, the pieces starting to fall into place. There was an undeniable resemblance between him and me – a truth that was impossible to ignore.

"My son," I stammered, the words escaping my lips before I could fully grasp the reality. I looked at Nico with astonishment.

Without hesitation, Nico jumped at me, wrapping his small arms around me in a tight embrace. His actions caught me off guard, but I hugged him back, a rush of feelings surging through me.

"Papa, I'm so glad you are," he murmured, his voice muffled. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," I managed, my voice catching as I held him close.

It was an incredible moment, ruined only by the realization that my so called "girlfriend" had kept this from me. My anger and frustration increased.

But before I could unleash my frustration, Nico pulled away, his small hands still resting on my arms. "Nico sweetheart, why don't you go play while me and your papa have a little talk? Si?" Alessa's voice was gentle and beautiful

Nico left and the tension between us loomed once again.

I couldn't hold back any longer, my anger pouring out. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? HUH? HOW DARE YOU HIDE HIM FROM ME? HE'S MY SON. MY BLOOD. MY HEIR. MY EVERYTHING."

She attempted to interject, to explain, but I silenced her with my outburst. The words were raw, fueled by years of hurt and betrayal.

"I'm sorry, Please just listen, I—" Her voice trembled, but I wasn't ready to hear her excuses.

"NO, YOU LISTEN," I snapped, my voice ice-cold. "YOU DESTROYED US. YOU LEFT WITHOUT A TRACE, SHATTERING EVERYTHING WE HAD. THEN YOU TAUNT ME WITH A SON, MY SON, WHOM YOU CONVENIENTLY DECIDED TO KEEP AWAY FROM ME."

Her guilt-ridden expression did nothing to sway me. I felt nothing but anger for the woman before me.

"I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING, ALESSA. AND YOU TOOK IT ALL FOR GRANTED. YOU PLAYED WITH MY FEELINGS, THEN YOU ABANDONED ME. AND NOW YOU THINK A CHILD WILL MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT?" My words were laced with venom.

Her voice trembled as she responded, desperation tingeing her words. "No, I don't, but Nico loves you. You may not love me anymore, but for him, please, just pretend because he's my everything. I don't want him growing up thinking his mom and dad hate each other."

"I have no obligation to pretend for anyone," I replied, my tone icy.

She pleaded, "I'll do anything, please."

I allowed the smallest hint of a smirk to play on my lips, an idea forming in my mind. Her vulnerability was a weapon, one that I could use to my advantage. "Anything?" I echoed, my tone dripping with calculated amusement.

She looked at me, uncertainty and a flicker of hope in her eyes. "Yes, anything you want. Just... please, for Nico's sake."

I leaned in slightly, my breath ghosting over her ear as I spoke, my voice a low, dangerous whisper. "You want me to pretend? Fine. But it won't be on your terms. It'll be on mine."

"What do you want?"

"Submission," I murmured, my lips brushing against her earlobe. "Complete obedience. You'll do as I say, when I say it. No questions, no arguments. In return, I'll play the loving husband. Nico will have his façade, and you'll have your pretense. But make no mistake, Alessa, you'll be mine to control."

Her jaw tightened, a fire igniting in her eyes as she processed my terms. I could practically hear the war being fought in her mind.

"Fine," she finally said, her voice laced with a reluctant acceptance. "I'll do it. But only for Nico."

I pulled back slightly, a victorious smile tugging at my lips. "Agreed. Welcome to the game, my sweet Alessa."

She glared at me and left the room.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally stood and made my way to the dinner table.

Alessa was already seated beside her father. I glanced at Nico – my son – and a new wave of astonishment washed over me. This was what I had always wanted, what I had wished for deep down, but I still wasn't happy and I don't know why.

Maybe you don't have the love of your life with you

We called Nico to the table, introducing him to my family. The shock and surprise were visible, but eventually, they hugged him.

"Also, Alessa is going to stay with me," I announced.

Making hell break loose.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And that wraps out up.

Like the cliffhanger *smirks*

Also idk if u noticed but I took down DWTD for the time being. I wanted to focus on this book for now. Ill publish that after this one