Chapter 52 - Coming back

Ace had gotten us back from that hellhole, and for some unknown reason, he was still pretending to care about me

Ace had gotten us back from that hellhole, and for some unknown reason, he was still pretending to care about me. It was baffling, considering the way he had treated me before, And the fact that he had given me to them. 

As we stepped through the front door, relief washed over me. Home. I was back home. Home was supposed to be a place of safety, of love. But in recent times, it had become a place of betrayal and heartache.

Before I could fully process my emotions, Nico came running toward me, his small frame colliding with mine. He engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug. It was so tight that, for a moment, I thought I might never breathe again.

"Mama, I missed you so much," he exclaimed, his voice muffled against my shoulder.

"I missed you too, baby," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. In that moment, I clung to him as if he were my lifeline.

"Mama, please don't cry," he said gently, his small hand reaching up to wipe away the big, fat tears rolling down my cheeks.

My heart swelled with a mixture of love and relief as I gazed down at Nico's face, his bright eyes filled with concern.

I managed a watery smile. "I'm sorry, baby. These are happy tears. I'm just so glad to see you again."

Nico's face broke into a grin that could melt the iciest of hearts. "I'm glad to see you too, Mama. I knew Dada would bring you back."

I ruffled his hair affectionately. "Dada did a great job, didn't he?"

Nico nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, he was like a superhero, Mama! He fought those bad guys and saved you!"

I couldn't help but chuckle at his innocence. "Yes, he did, my little superhero."

Just then, Ace walked into the room and grinned at the sight of Nico and me huddled together.

"Looks like I missed a touching moment," he remarked.

Nico beamed at his father. "Dada, Mama's back, and she's not crying anymore!"

Ace looked at me. "I'm glad to see you're doing better."

I nodded, "Thank you, Ace." Yeah right

He came over and kissed my forehead gently. Get your crusty hands off me asshole. "You're home now, Alessa. And we're a family again." Haha you wish bitch.

***

I lay on the bed, feigning exhaustion as Ace walked into the room. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I'll be right back, love. I need to grab some things from the store."

I nodded, "Yeah, okay. I'll rest for some time."

As soon as he left the room, I got up and tried to find something, anything, in Ace's office that might help me take him down. My heart pounded as I slipped out of bed, making sure Nico was comfortable.

I made my way to Ace's office, my steps cautious and began rummaging through his drawers, my hands shaking. I had to be quick, and I had to be thorough. There had to be something, a clue, a piece of evidence that could expose him for the monster he had become.

Minutes felt like hours as I scoured the room, my eyes darting from document to document, from drawer to drawer. I found financial records, business contracts, but nothing incriminating.

Engrossed in my search, I hadn't noticed the door creak open or Ace's presence behind me.

"Alessa?" His voice was chilly. "What are you doing here?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Ik its a short chapter but I wanted to give you guys an update (ESPICIALLY AFTER THOSE COMMENTS, I LOVE YOU SM)

Do you all like the cliffhanger? I missed writing those

*Grins evilly*

🖤💋