Chapter 5:The past🌸

Isabela POV 

I heard the door open and my abuela came in, I quickly stood up and made sure y/n was behind me "abuela go away, I am going to be happy with her even if I have to give up this family" 

Abuela was very surprised at my words but she hugged me and apologized "dear, I am truly sorry, I don't know what got into me I'm just way too stuck in the past.."

I looked at her and so did y/n the both of us were confused. "what do you mean senora?" My abuela got up and started talking " y/n, when I lost My Pedro, I also lost my best friend, your abuela, your mother had no one else after all she was just a little girl at the time. I took her in and we became very close" 

Y/n POV 

We looked at her sincerely and she continued. "We were so close casita even decided to give your mother a gift of her own, when your mom got older, she met your father and they got married, your mother's gift was very dangerous and your father threatened to leave her if she didn't stop using it. When they had you, you were supposed to get a gift too but your father stopped you" 

I held her hand and tears strolled down her cheeks, "I was so angry at your father's actions, but your mother was too in love with him to realize what was happening, your mom lost her gift and we never spoke since that day. You reminded me so much of your father so that's why I didn't like you, I even threatened to do hurt you if your parents didn't leave." 

Some tears made their way too my face and Isabela gave me a side hug, as if that wasn't bad enough alma continued "Now I realize how much of a mistake that was to take all my anger out on you, I am so sorry to you and to Isabela, I only wanted what was best for my family, now I know that you y/n is what is best for my Isabela" 

I was still chocking on my tears but I managed to speak "I forgive you but can I have your blessing to take Isabela out on a date?" She smiled warmly at me "of course dear, you have my blessing, since your parents are gone I wouldn't want you to be living alone, would you like to stay here at the casita?" 

"Of course, but where would I sleep" I looked at her with my bloodshot eyes "you can sleep anywhere you want I'm sure someone in this house wouldn't mind having a roommate" I felt way better about this

But oh did She know what was in store for her the next day...

(Sorry for this short chapter I felt like I needed to explain why y/n's parents left, I just needed her parents to go so she could live in the casita along with the madrigals)