chapter 8: Avoiding🌸

Isabela POV

I did not necessarily break up with y/n but I was pissed off. I spent the night awake. It was still 4 a.m. and I still couldn't fall asleep. I decided to go talk things out with her. I stood in front of my sister's door, but I couldn't knock.

I heard the muffled voices inside. I put my ear closer to the door to  listen. "she probably hates me" and then I heard some sobs coming from one of the voices I loved most. I felt so bad for how I treated her. I wanted to just barge inside and hug her and talk it out but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I just had that voice in my head telling me that she cheated on me and I decided to listen to that voice. I mean they were clearly kissing there is no way around it. A kiss is a kiss. I went back to my room and fell asleep.

*time skip brought to you by me watching Encanto for the 100th time*

I was Abruptly woken up after what felt like seconds. "Isa wake up!" I saw my little cousin on top of me. "Tonito! what is it?" he smiled at me and his toucan flew onto his shoulders "It's your girlfriends birthday!"

'WHAT' I thought to myself "ok can you let me get dressed" he nodded and walked out with his toucan flying behind him. I didn't know it was her birthday today. I was still mad at her for cheating on me so I just got dressed and headed to breakfast. I sat down at my usual seat.

everyone was at the table except for y/n, now I feel really bad but I have to hold strong. I can't cave in and let her win this. She needs to know that what she did was wrong. She walked in and I rolled my eyes while the rest of my family was telling her happy birthday.

She sat down next to me as she usually did since she moved in with us. "Can we talk?" she said in my ear. I gave her the stink eye and proceeded to eat my tamales. I was eating quite fast for some reason. 

when y/n was about to say something to me I got up and went inside the casita. Casita pushed me out And it's windows pointed to y/n. I rolled my eyes "casita, No tengo tiempo para esto"

( Casita, I don't have time for this)

I had to as much chores as I could just so I could avoid her. Dios Mio, casita is sometimes annoying. "CASITA!" I yelled in anger. It closed it's windows and let me in. I could feel my family talking about it. 

When I was going to do my chores I could clearly see y/n looking at me. we made eye contact and I left. I'm such a coward.

Y/n POV

I could tell Isabela was avoiding me. I followed her into town and she turned the other way. I stopped at the same bakery it all started in. I sat on one of the tables. I started to sob a little when I got seated. "Senorita what's wrong?" I noticed what the person called me. It was carlos and just like I guessed it was in fact him. 

"YOU!" I pointed my fingers at him. He looked confused and I slapped him again. "YOU FUCKING RUINED MY LIFE!" I shouted at him and left the small shop. I could hear the whispers in the crowd but I couldn't care less.

I walked back into the plaza to see Isabela Giving a flower to a little kid. I smiled and made my way to her. She saw me and we made eye contact once again for that day. As soon as I started getting closer she started talking to the kid "I think It's time for lunch I'm leaving now" I heard her say.

She Used her vines to lead her to the house. She was great at swinging, so it took her less than a minute to reach casita. she left me running behind her. "why wont she listen to me?" I said to  myself. 

I decided to give up and go to the forest. The walk there was silent, and I just admired the beauty of the nature. I sat down close to a lake and sobbed everything out. On my birthday too.

Isabela POV

When I got back to the casita everyone was out because it wasn't lunch time yet. I went to my room and Put on my night gown. It was a little transparent but there were flowers covering most of it.

I saw a book on my nightstand and furrowed my eyebrows. It looked very nice and new. I know that I don't read so it wasn't mine. The front had a little note on it. It was glued to the cover. I took it and read it. 

'My dear y/n, happy 18th birthday/ Please use this book to write down your thoughts and feelings. Promise me you will write in this every time something big happens whether it's good or bad.'

I flipped to the first page. I know it's wrong of me to read y/n's diary but I had nothing better to do. 'I am a horrible person' I thought to myself.