Chapter 26: Contractions🌸

The next day you woke up feeling a bit weird. Like everyday, you take a news paper and sat next to the toilet waiting to vomit. Nothing strange. After your little puke-session, you got out of the bathroom feeling very strange.

Isabela was going out to do chores and so were the rest of the family. The only one that was at home was abuela. You weren't a huge fan of her but you didn't hate her either. 

(I hate her but we ain't gonna talk about that)

"Y/n!" you heard a shout coming from down stairs. you walked straight down. "I don't have much chores so I will be home in a 2 hours or so call Dolores if you need anything" 

Isabela hugged you and ran off leaving a pink daisy in your hair. You bushed and rubbed your belly. "Now what do you want little one?" you mumbled in the air seeing that your stomach was hurting even more.

You walked into the kitchen and started eating a plate of sweet potatoes and eggs. your stomach started to hurt even more. "I thought you liked sweet potatoes" You rubbed your belly again as if speaking to the baby.

"Oh shit!" you muttered. a flood of water exited your lady parts and splashed onto the floor. "My water just broke" you mumbled. "ABUELA!" you shouted in panic.

"Yes mij-" her expression went blank. "Oh no! What do we do?" you asked. "I don't know?" she smiled sheepishly.

"You were pregnant once right?" you asked. "Yeah but I fainted when My water broke so...Pedro took care of it"

"What about your daughters?"

"I wasn't really in the rooms when the babies were born" after mere seconds of you and abuela panicking, Dolores and Isabela Bolted for the kitchen.

"Mi Flor! You ok?" Isabela took your hands. "Do I look ok?"

"That doesn't matter! we need to get her to a nearby hospital or at least to Julieta" Dolores took your left hand. 

the 4 of you slowly walked so you wouldn't get hurt. "I'm getting more contractions!" you stopped walking and sat on the floor. "I can't... We won't make it in time" you mumbled.

"She's right...I can hear the baby... It want's to get out" Dolores muttered out.

"I'm going to get Tia and Mami, I'll be back" she ran as fast as she could while Isabela took you back to the house. You slowly laid yourself down on Isabela's bed.

a few minutes of pain passed while Isabela frantically paced around the room mumbling this to herself. "Amor, You are more scared then I am right now" 

"I know but..." she hugged you. "I Dont want you to get hurt.  Who knew babies come super early"  she mused. 

(Btw, y/n is 8 1/4 months pregnant, babies can come early, not many babies are born on their exact due dates)

"Hey Isa?" You mumbled. "There is no one in the world i rather have a baby with."

"Me too" you both hugged again and a few minutes later everyone showed up. " you said you would just bring Julieta and Pepa"

"It was exiting news" Dolores sheepishly chuckled. "Everyone out!" Pepa said leaving me, Isabela, Julieta and her in the room. " do you feel any contractions?" Julieta asked getting some food and towels.

 " yeah but my legs feel numb" you said.

"Ok when you feel really bad pain that means the baby is ready" you nodded.

"Oh! I'm going to be an aunt!" Pepa cooed. " y/n on a scale of 1-10 how do you feel"

"A 4 it's way better than this morning" about 2 hours passed and you kept eating Julieta's food to calm the contractions. By now everything is set up for the baby to come out . Isabela held your hand and read you stories while you two were waiting.

After another 15 minutes or so, you started to get a lot of contractions. "Julieta I think I'm ready" you called. "Oh ok Pepa, Isabela, get some towels" she dashed towards you and gently lifted the blanket. 

"Spread your legs apart" was the last thing you herd before you were pushing the fattest poop in Taco Bell history. 

*meanwhile in dolores's room*

"Dolores what did you hear?" Mirabel impatiently paced behind the door. "Sounds like y/n is going into labor" she snapped.

 "Don't you think we know that hermana?" Camilo said with annoyance in his tone. "Would you all stop bickering" Luisa mumbled. "Y/n usually plays games with me when I am bored" everyone started arguing while Bruno silently played with his rats. All the other adults where taking care of other things so Bruno was in charge of watching the kids. 

"Would you guys just shut up!" He shouted.  "Mirabel stop annoying Dolores, Camilo stop trying to be a know it all, Luisa if you have to say something stop mumbling, Dolores, stay calm, I'll play with you Antonio" he took Antonio's hand and quickly left the room to go to Antonio's room. 

*back to labor*

You heard faint noises of crying and screaming. You then drifted off to sleep being tired. A few minuted later you woke up to see a beautiful baby girl in Isabela's hand. "Oh she is so cute" you muttered. You held her for the first time and your heart melted with joy. You could see everyone else wanted to get closer to you but Pepa wouldn't let them.

"I want to name her Icy" you paused. "Her nose, it has a snowflake-looking birthmark on it" 

"Icy it is" Isabela hugged you. 

"Welcome to the world Icy Madrigal"