Chapter 1

Chapter 1

All Rights Reserved

*Raphael's POV*

Leo, Mikey, Donnie, and I are going outside for our daily night patrol. We might fight some Purple Dragons, save a few pretty girls, you know, business as usual. 

"Raph, do you have your weapons?" Leo asks and I stare at him as if he were Mikey doing something stupid.

"No, Leo, I lose them all the time. It's not like I keep them by my side twenty-four seven," I reply sarcastically.

"Look, Raph, this is serious. We might run into something life threatening," he responds and I take out my sais. 

"Here they are," I state and put them back. Leo shakes his head in disapproval. "I wouldn't give you sarcastic answers if you wouldn't ask such stupid questions."

"Every question to you is stupid," Leo snaps and I take a step back in shock. Leo never explodes that easily before.

"Maybe I have high standards...?" I respond cautiously and not as confidently as I wanted. Leo seems a little off today.

"I think you should stay here, Leo," Donnie states breaking the awkward silence. "You don't seem like yourself right now."

"Oh, do I seem like another Raph to you?!" Leo snaps bitterly at Donnie. "We're going and no one can tell me otherwise."

"No, Leonardo, you shouldn't go out there tonight. None of you should," Master Splinter explains.

"What? Why?" I complain. "Just because Leo is a little off today doesn't mean you can deprive Mikey, Donnie, and me from the outside world!"

"Raphael, control yourself. It's not Leonardo's fault. I'm grounding you for making a mess of my kitchen," he explains pointing towards the kitchen. There is food everywhere.

"Sensei, that's Mikey's fault!" I protest. "Donnie and I can handle the streets alone. Someone needs to be out there!"

"I don't want to go out tonight, Raph. Sorry," Donnie states.

"Fine. Then I will go out by myself!" I shout and storm out of the lair to the outside world. I head to the rooftops with anger building up inside me. How dare they keep from this wonderful city?

I sit on a rooftop and look down at the city streets just waiting for something exciting to happen, but nothing for a few minutes. Just as I'm about to go, I look and see a group of 3 girls walking down the sidewalk. A blondie was in the middle and a red-head and a brunette to her left and right. I can just barely hear their conversation.

"Oh my gosh, Raelin, you need to just break up with him already. He's stupid," a red-headed girl states with disgust to a blond girl.

"I know he's stupid, Carrie. I am going to break up with him," she replies like it was so obvious.

"Come on, girl, let's just get your mind off of Tyler," the girl with dark brown hair states.

"Ok, Haidley," the blond girl replies and there is something about her that is freaking great.

She has blond hair that cascades down her shoulders almost perfectly and electric blue eyes that seem to just pop with that blue shirt she's wearing. What am I thinking? Why would I have a crush on a human? Well, I just don't see why she would give me the time of day.

I think her name is Raelin since I heard her friend call her that. That's a pretty name. Raelin. It's unique and different. Definitely not a name you hear everyday.

And who's this Tyler guy? She has a boyfriend? But, she said she's going to break up with her.

"I don't see why Taliyah couldn't come," Carrie complains.