Chapter 11

Chapter 11

All Rights Reserved

*Raph's POV*

I wait patiently in the lair for April to come back from school. If she comes back, I can go to Raelin's apartment! I need to know how school went for her. I hope everything worked out in her favor because she absolutely 100% deserves it. She's been through too much for anything else to go wrong.

I begin to think that I'm actually falling for someone more like Donnie. But, you know, I don't care. Raelin's different. She's pretty and smart and also a good fighter. I could teach her some more moves, though, but she's good for a girl. 

She could train with us! If Master Splinter agrees, Raelin could train with all of us. She could fight all the bad guys with us! I want her there when we finally defeat the Shredder. 

"Guys! I'm back! And I have a visitor!" I hear April's voice coming from behind me. I turn around on the couch and see her and Raelin walking into the lair.

"Raelin!" I find myself shouting as I get up and run over to her. I grab her in my arms and I can feel her arms wrap around me as well.

"Hey, Raph!" she greets when we let go.

"How did today go? You seem happy, so that's a good sign," I ask frantically and she giggles.

"Today actually went well. I got Taliyah expelled," Raelin replies as she adds a snicker after that. "And I now realize who my real friends are."

"Who? Are they better than us?" Mikey asks suddenly appearing beside me. Donnie and Leo are next to him as well. 

"She's talking about us, genius," I sarcastically reply to him before anyone else could say anything. Gosh, Mikey can be an airhead sometimes. Most of the time, if not all the time. 

"Oh yeah," Mikey quietly has a breakthrough.

"Anyone, I'm extremely glad you had a good day," I add and hold her in my arms again.

"Awwwwwww! Raphie has a soft side," Mikey irks me like he always does. I gently let go from Raelin and turn towards Mikey with anger in my eyes with a slight blush on my cheeks.

"You little...." I begin and run after him. He realizes I'm going to most likely beat him up, which makes him run away from me. At least he has enough sense in his head to do that.

*Raelin's POV*

"All right, well, I gotta get home," I begin to explain. "My mom is making pizza tonight."

"She makes her own pizza?" Donnie asks and I nod.

"Yep. Usually she would just have me microwave something or fend for myself since she would work late, but during the week I was absent from school she promised me we would spend some more time together like when I was younger. So, she asked for a new shift at work and she's going to spend dinner with me now. Isn't it great?" I explain.

"Yeah, that's great! So, she never really knew anything about you?" Leo asks raising an eyebrow.

"Well, she didn't know the me in High school. She knew the me in Middle school, though. It's complicated, but moving here to New York messed everything and everyone up," I reply.

"Wait, you're leaving?" Raph asks suddenly appearing in front of me with Mikey a few feet behind him.

"I'm eating pizza with my mom. I don't want to miss it for anything," I respond knowing Raph would understand how important this is for me.

"Oh, yeah! Have fun!" he exclaims as he smiles. I'm so glad he's happy for me.

"Can we come?!" Mikey asks and Raph, Donnie, and Leo turn towards him with disapproving looks.